THC not detecting voltage

I’m not saying you hooked it up wrong, I’m saying its not putting out 50:1 divided voltage. Even with the 300v spike at start up, it should only be putting out 6v.

Read the 4th paragraph.

1 Like

I’m speaking to Langmuir about the issue now.

2 Likes

Would like to hear how you resolved this issue. I just started having this issue but have a Razorweld 45. It cuts if you disable the THC.

So after getting ahold of both Langmuir and Prime weld. My cutter is putting out 20v which blew a resistor. I opened it and confirmed the first one in line of the positive on the board is burnt.

Both companies sent me a new THC, and Cutter. But I haven’t used the new THC because the new welder is still putting out 20v like the last one…

Problem is I haven’t had time to retest and get ahold of prime weld about the issue about the new machine. And Langmuir for obvious reasons said DO NOT hook up the new THC box until I can get voltage output of my cutter down to the 3v range

Did Primeweld send you the updated cutter (cnc port on upper right)? I haven’t seen/heard anyone with the updated cutters having issues with cnc port.

If anything you can wire is for RAW voltage and still use the original VIM box. the divided and RAW voltage lines are separate so the RAW voltage side still works.

1 Like

Both models I’ve owned were the Gen 3 2022 models.

But yea I’ve been thinking of just running raw voltage.

I think that would be best. As we know that works.