Starting a program not from the beginning (Solved - click location on Visualizer)

How do I resume cutting a partially fininshed program? Like scroll down through the program and start somewhere other than the begining?

Click on the spot where you want to start in the visualizer. That should bring up a menu to run from line or start from loop. If you want to start at the beginning of a cut loop, select run from loop. Run from line will not start exactly where you click, but it will go back to the last line of code in that loop

Clicking that will generate a new program from that point forward. Click start.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

unfortunately when i generate from a loop it does generate it but it’ll “dry run” it wont strike an arc… very frustrating on larger pieces since it gets 80% of the way done and i cant get it to finish im just losing my butt in materials at the moment

That is another glitch in the Fire Control that we hope they will fix.

Best way is to find the line (not code line) of where it failed and cut it again this will be a "Run From Line (code) command. Not the best since re cutting tends to remove more material from the part. Sometimes it will be after the failed cut and you will have to go back with a hand torch or cut off tool to finish it.

When I run into this, I have to reload the original program, do any rotation or origin changes that I did the first time, then find the cut line I need to start over on and then run from loop or line.

1 Like

ya ive had success doing that in the past but at the moment im just re loading it and trying, ive gone from loop, from line, ive tried all sorts of stuff and cannot get this thing to do anything other than dry run from selected line.

1 Like

There might be a way to tweak the file from FireControl (upload button) then open in a text document and insert the torch start commands. I have not played with that option yet, I just know that uploading the file from FireControl, then trying to load it and run it will create a “Use correct post processor” error.

1 Like

Are you hitting duty cycle on your plasma?

1 Like

I have heard others say that before you hit [START], go back to [Work Zero]. Perhaps this adds that extra delay that helps with the start of the arc. I am not sure. But, I have always followed this practice and it seems to work. If you try it, let me know if this instruction was not helpful.

1 Like

I’ll have to look at that when I get my trailer back. In transit.

I still think there is a glitch in FC that when you generate the “Run From” it is not producing the torch commands.