Sketch to SVG. Shaper TRACE

Oh thanks Tom, I was hoping it was for me!! :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Oh wait! I thought it was for Jim! Oh dear, someone will be disappointedā€¦

2 Likes

So this morning I designed my new gooseneck die from a picture. I use the calibrate feature all the time. I have the two pack of these Sharper Trace coming because it said these would be a month dinner than single units. I wonder if I have a physical part and put it on the trace area it will trace it and give me SVG. This will be my first thing I try doing with it.

:gift: It is my birthday, next month. Hereā€™s to being ā€œever so hopeful.ā€ :innocent: :rofl:

Similar to the problem of getting a picture that needs to be taken exactly perpendicular to the face, you might have too much of a side showing and lose the simplicity of a 2D drawing. You would have more clean-up to do with the ā€œTracerā€ vector sketch produced.

And you might be moving the face further from their dots on the frame. This could cause some distortion. But, I plan to try it (Once I get mine from Tom)! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

So I went to take a look at this and $79 shows up but the pledge button is greyed out? Says there are sill some left. what am I missing?

I have 2 of these coming next month so you can buy my second one if you want one. Letā€™s see if it works as they say it does.

ok sounds good
Thanks

Not sure about anyone else, but I received a shipping notice today for the 2 Traces I bought. Plan to do one as a gift. Their recent youtube video went through the whole process of using the app and the frame. It does look very useful. My first project may be to make a larger frame as an experiment, second project will be to outline some wallpaper samples for stencils to do a very small half bath wall.

2 Likes

I just checked email and they provided me a tracking number also. Thanks I never check that email. Hopefully it arrives so I can play with it this weekend.

2 Likes

I am like third on the list. Thatā€™s almost like last place! I feel like a such loser :woozy_face:

But a month from now, all of you Super Early Birds and Double packs will have broken yours and be asking us ā€œEarly Birdsā€ to ā€œdo a quick trace for me, please!ā€

That will be a glorious time!!! :grinning:

4 Likes

We can be losers together. I didnā€™t feel like getting up early enough to be in the first two slots. :beers:

1 Like

What shipping method are they using?

UPS and shows package is otw from California but says arrival is by Wednesday Oct 4th so must be coming on the back of a donkey.

3 Likes

Here is the Link for all the sharper support information.

Trace ā€“ Shaper (shapertools.com)

It covers all the basic questions.

" Getting Started

Capturing Your Drawing

Converting Your Drawing to Vectors

Saving Your Vectors

Care & Storage

Trace FAQs

6 Likes

Damn! Youā€™ve got their manuals already! :grimacing:

6 Likes

LOL!!! For real. :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile:0

1 Like

this kinda scares meā€¦I have been divorcedā€¦and was raised in a house of womenā€¦but this scares me the way @TinWhisperer puts up manuals liek thisā€¦

YOU ARE SPOOKY DUDE!!!

3 Likes

Got the manuals already?? Ha!! Tin probably wrote them!!! :wink:

4 Likes

Received my shipping notice, should see it here in British Columbia soon.

I have two coming and they shipped them separate.

2 Likes