Request a software walkthrough or tutorial video

Please feel free to request a walkthrough for whatever you’re having issues with below.
Software, hardware, design, workflow, finishing, etc

Outline a specific scenario and add files if applicable.

One of the members will be able to get to it soon.

2 Likes

As @TinWhisperer suggested, This thread can be used to REQUEST a Tutorial on anything related to using/building/maintaining a CrossFire system.

Please don’t use this for discussions (other than clarification of a request). Discussions can be started in separate threads in this Tutorial category, but we want to keep this thread focused on specific requests or suggestions.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Will you sketch a simple part with holes. Then explain how you come up with the settings for set up and 2D profile for cutting. Like my cheat sheet that I never finished.

1 Like

I’d like to see someone like @TinWhisperer do a video about using your crossfire pro to cut foam using Fusion or sheetcam

I would like to request a walk-through on the new CAM contour selection in Fusion360. I don’t really understand their new choices. If I don’t change any of the default choices I seem to do okay but if I ever have to change a contour selection something changes and then I cannot get back to the default settings. I just have been cancelling out and starting over and eventually get it selected.

Many times in very narrow slots, I see that it is trying to cut outside and I get the red arrow and click and get it right in the center and know that I am good. Other times, I click on what I thought was the red arrow and something happens and it stops allowing me to make any more choices so I cannot even select my other slots.

After the cut, if I find out something was entering at the wrong place or inside when it should have been outside (or visa versa) then I may have to delete the entire contour selection and start all over on the selecting. Sometimes I am successful with a simple change.

Thank you in advance. I am so happy you are willing to do this.

Where can I get help setting up my Razorweld in Fusion 360?

You just did :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @rmikew Welcome to The Forum.

Do you have some material or some cutting parameters in mind?

Are you using a specific cut chart or the one from this forum?

I could show you how to make a few tools quickly on Fusion 360.

I have a twitch live stream if you let me know if you specifics I’ll start a feed.

First of all thanks for any help you may provide. I have a legacy crossfire running mach 3. I’m struggling setting up sheetcam. I have a few tools made but seem to be hitting a wall with paths. Thanks again

These ArcLight dynamic videos are some of the better sheetCAM tutorial videos.

@ds690 has a few videos he put together recently too

Let me know if that helps you out.

1 Like

The usual issue that new Sheetcam users have is not creating a Jet Cutting operation before trying to post process. I made a short Loom video (with no sound) of the process of importing a drawing and creating a Jet Cutting operation, before post processing. The simulation at the end is not necessary.

3 Likes

I could really use some help setting up the cut settings in fusion 360. I’ve had the cross far pro or almost a year and I started out using the Gcodes from fireshare so all of my cuts were satisfactory in my opinion. Once I got comfortable and learned how to operate fusion 360, I began designing my own and that is when I started experiencing terrible cuts. As recent as yesterday I download it a cut ready file from fire share and it came out flawless with no dross and no bevel. 10 minutes later I pulled one of my very simple designs from 360 and loaded it into fire control and it turned out terrible as I expected. I’ve noticed when using someone else’s G code, the The torch is so quiet that I’m always frantically reaching for the stop button because I’m under the impression that something is going wrong and I don’t want to waste metal, however, when it’s quiet the cuts turn out flawless and when I use my codes I can barely hear myself think due to the noise generated by the torch.

When I purchased the crossfire pro, I went through the installation manual and did everything as the manual stated. Once a got into fusion 360, a followed the videos provided by Langmuir and set it up exactly like they said. As soon as I get home I will grab some screenshots of my settings within fusion 360 and upload them in hopes of finally getting this thing dialed in. Any help from you guys will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

double check you cut settings, pierce height, cut height, IPM to start

Post your f3d file or create a shared link in the file and i’ll put together a walkthrough with your file .

And @Mbritt12 Welcome to the forum

1 Like

I went thru the videos made some adjustments. After I post process in sheetcam gcode is being saved
Caster Mountgcode.txt (2.0 K
However nothing is being loaded into mach3. Im sure its a simple fix. But its been driving me nuts for a day or so. thanks for all the help

I don’t know much about Mach3, but why is the file a .txt file? It should be a .tap file.

Your SheetCam settings are outputing the G-Code as a .txt file, which is ok, but doesn’t make cranky code happy. Change the file type to .tap (as @ds690 alluded) and it will work in Mach 3.

Now, the next question is why SheetCam is producing a .TXT file instead of a .TAP. I am sure there is an easy answer to this question but I’m not on a system with SheetCam right now and can’t answer that one.

1 Like

I opened the .tap file in notepad and saved it as a .txt. I can upload it as .tap file. I wasn’t sure if notepad would open .tap file…

[quote="TinWhisperer, post:

parking.nc (27.7 KB)

beertime.nc (72.0 KB)