Fireshare trouble?

Has anyone else had trouble downloading anything from fireshare? Anything I try to load I get a Https error 504?
I’m still pretty new trying to figure out how to download and get burning.
Thanks in advance

1 Like

FIRESHARE Log in Issues - Langmuir Systems Forum

What are you trying to download. Maybe I can help you.

A few of the cut ready projects, I’ve ran into 900 million problems trying to get into this. Getting to a good place finally but metal and time is getting expensive!

Do you have a specific one you are interested in.

2 Likes

FireShare does appear to be having issues.

I was able to download two different items that did not offer “cut-ready.” No problem.

I then tried two different cut ready items: GARDEN STAKES and BIRD HOUSE. In both cases, they would not download either the “AS-IS” file or the “Cut Ready” version. Error loading the page was then displayed.

2 Likes

As @72Pony is asking, if you pick any file, even if it is not cut ready, a number of people would offer to convert the file to a g-code file that Fire Control is looking for. What we would need is information on your set-up: basically the plasma cutter you are using and if you are using any specific/unique consumables.
It would be helpful if you had a general idea of how fast you intend to run the torch (Inches per minute) and what torch delay you want/need.

No matter if we convert file or the file is “Cut Ready”, you will still need to tweak some settings to get the best result. We would be happy to help you with the tweaking as well, to help you get to burning.

2 Likes

I guess to word it better I’m trying to learn how to tweak move and change a previous design. Learning the different programs to do so and how to get faster better etc. Because I’m trying to learn I didn’t want to buy a bunch of designs so was going to get them from fireshare but it won’t let me download any or really do anything on the site.
I appreciate y’all offering to tweak so to speak, but I’m trying to learn that on a few different platforms at once.
I was trying to see if anyone was having the same problem with the site? If so how can I fix that http 504 error?
Also I can do designs from the begging but I tend to do the same type cuts was looking forward to new types of work type ideas

Totally understand. If @72Pony or I were to help tweak a file, we would show you our work so that you could understand what was happening.

I totally get that if we supplied a file back that worked, there would be little learning value in that. Also, if you have a very specific task/technique you are looking to learn, post it on this thread:

@TinWhisperer is a resident expert/hero on all things Fusion 360 and beyond. He has many videos on YouTube and Twitch that he might direct you to or if it is a topic that has other interests, he will post a video doing the exact problem/solution you are looking for.

I went through the same mental gymnastics when I first started. So much information coming from so many different directions. Good luck and happy hunting.

3 Likes

Join the Plasmaspider forum for $20 and get access to a large amount of DXF files for free. They won’t be “cut ready” files, so you will be able to learn how to create toolpaths and post process them into cut files. You can also modify them to suit your needs.

Note: there is nothing that you can do to fix the Fireshare issue. That is a Langmuir problem for them to solve with their web developers.

3 Likes

Getting somethings figured out, as in the simple type things with not much detail. I do need help, long story short none of my code or tool path seems to be working… When I load it into fireshare it cuts like shit…

The only thing Ive has success on is the piercing points the actual cut path seems to only cut small parts like the command to cut the lines isn’t there but it is…

Upload the cut file here or copy and paste some of the code. We can look at the code and see if the problem is in your settings or with your plasma cutter.

2 Likes

Plasma cutting a colored image is not a trivial thing. Plasma is monochromatic - two ‘colors’, solid metal or no metal. The image you posted is multiple colors - it needs to be converted.

2 Likes

Seems like a good live stream walkthrough example for Fusion 360.

@Halenscott34 This is how we could approach the workflow for the santa design.

11:25PM pst

evil santa v1.f3d (1.4 MB)

evil-santa-head-mascot-logo_365595-82crop

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I see where I went wrong! Long story short, for obvious reasons this guy is going on the grill of my truck.

2 Likes

Evil Santa with backer .dxf (5.9 MB)

@Halenscott34 I would do the main Santa in flat black and backer in white. Then get paint brush out and do the hat area in red, and face area in skin color. This is how i would make the color combination in your picture. @TinWhisperer did all the work by making it cuttable. Very cool!

4 Likes