Razorweld 45 Torch Wiring Trigger Issues

I’ve had the Razerweld 45 for a while now, however it’s never worked right. I’ve just been too busy to figure things out and another friend has the crossfire with the RW30 so I’ve able to use his plasma when needed.

But my issue is that it’s not consistent with firing thru the control panel. If I use it hand held by actually pressing the trigger it has no issues. Thus this issue must have something to do with the wires that connect to the crossfire control panel. but I had a friend hook it up for me and he used a voltmeter and it does work some times. But other times it seems to stop firing when it shouldn’t and doesn’t stop when it should. So parts when either have cuts through it or some places wont have cuts where it should.

This is very frustrating and I don’t know what’s going on.

I know it has nothing to do with the .tap file as I have tried the same files on my friends crossfire and it works just fine.

I am using a Mac and thought it may have something to do with the fact that I’m using Parallels to run Windows so I can use Mach3… but I have taken my plasma over to my friends who uses Windows (non-virtually) and my plasma with the same issues.

So this means it’s something with the plasma itself, which again works fine hand held when manually pushing the trigger… or it has something to do with the control firing wires.

I know that there have been a few issues out there already reported about the RW45 but has anyone ran into this issue? How was is fixed? How is your plasma trigger wires hooked up?

One quick thing to try. Make sure that you are not clamping down hard on the bolts that secure the torch head into the red torch mount. Really ease up on these so that they are barely tight. We have found this can cause intermittment firing.

Also cycle your electrode spring up and down and make sure your consumables don’t have any soot on them; if so clean them off. It’s also a good idea to make sure that your retaining cap on the torch is not very tight either just barely cinch this down.

I will double check those and let you know if I still have an issue.

But I find it hard to believe that my friend and I both would have over tightened the torch on the red mount.

Mike I tried all those ideas and I even took the trigger cable out and re-wired it again. I also tried changing the 2T / 4T modes on the plasma, but I believe those only effect manually pressing on the trigger.

But I’m still having the issue.

I reached out to WorksByAHurst on YouTube as he just had a video talking about his crossfire and mentioned he had the RW45 as well. But I haven’t heard back from him as of yet.

Any other ideas? Could there be something wrong with the RW45 itself?

If the plasma cutter works fine by hand then the trouble is in the controller or your USB cable. You must have the plasma cutter set in 2T for the table.

Again… I tried this plasma cutter on my friends crossfire and had same issue. So it’s not a USB or any other issue related to computer. And I have tried in both 2T and 4T. So I’m guessing it must be a control box issue? Or something within the RW45 itself?

Haven’t heard back from anyone on this… I’d really like to get my crossfire working so its not just a useless machine taking up space.

What can I do to help speed things along? I’ve seen lots of posts from others with similar issues. And as I said, I’ve taken my RW45 to my friends crossfire and it had the same issues, so it must be an issue with the 45 itself.

Could this solution be the answer for me as well?

1 Like

I’ve read through your thread, but can you clearly explain what your issue is? It may be the same as mine, but I don’t actually see anything saying what the problem is other than it doesn’t work.

Also, I use a Mac with parallels and it works for me.

It says in my first post… “…my issue is that it’s not consistent with firing…”

It cuts some times and others it stops… as in it turns off before the cut that it should be doing and others it doesn’t stop and cut thru parts when it should’ve stopped.

As I said before, I’ve taken my RW45 to my friends whom has a crossfire as well and I have the same issues there. So this must have to be an issue with the RW45 and not the crossfire, not parrallels, and not a USB issue.

Okay, so where you reposted my update above it is not the solution to your issue. My problem was in the Crossfire electronics box, not my cutter.

Send a video of your machine cutting to Langmuir.

Same or different cutfiles?

I have this same issue where can I buy the part