PRO Electronics, Software and THC Upgrade

What is the cost going to be for FireCam? Alot of us have just bought or have Sheetcam.

1 Like

It’s annoying when people accuse hate when some of us are just wanting to understand the reasoning behind decisions and what the future holds. I don’t like leaving my money and equipment “up to chance” and prefer learning and understanding why things are happening. I’m not one that sits back and thinks that when I click “post process” that it is some kind of magic that happens. I understand what is happening. I really appreciate @langmuir-mike addressing our questions and answering any questions that everyone has. At least he understands the difference in “hating” vs “criticism” vs “straight curiosity”.

2 Likes

@Bobbya FireCAM will be free to use with the CrossFire and PRO plasma tables.

6 Likes

Thanks! Can’t wait for my PRO.:+1:

Now that is good news to hear.

You said FireCam was for CrossFire and PRO. My question is do you have two gcode files. CrossFire has a different breakout board?

Running the new software and new control box, will there be a way to integrate a game controller or other pendant with the fire control software GUI?

1 Like

I see rotate and scale on there will this be the only way to do it or will it be added to the firecontrol software. Also can you answer my questions on the jog and feedrates?

Well I guess I can quit trying to see if I can use my Torchmate cad and G Code files in Mach 3.
Hopefully there is a way to use them in the new Firecam program.
I also would like the ability to rotate a cut file to better fit it into areas of a previously cut sheet.
Still looking forward to receiving my PRO in January.

You were right ! that is awesome !!
Thank You !

Just make sure your final design is all the same color and then color weld it as one piece, that way its all one layer. Then export to dxf. Save your file before color welding if it is a file youll edit, such as a design with a name or similar

1 Like

WOW this is alot to absorb. Been away a few days so just read it all. Fire Control sounds amazing. Just need to learn it . Firecam looks so simple compared to ConFusion. If It was my first time purchase i would be really scratching my head right now. Owning the crossfire for a year now i completly have trust and faith in LS getting this done and done right. Having zero cnc experience prior to a year ago I feel it will be a painless transition from Mach3. I have several tap files created for the 2x2 … Um XL now. But anyhow i guess it will remain part of the family Till I get the PRO all figured out. Im waiting on reading the reply to Bobbya’s question on Firecam for crossfire and the pro. LS designing software and giving it to there customers for free says alot about there Business, I think so anyhow.I feel they are looking into the future instead of like most companies looking to just get the cash. Thank you LS once again. I know customer support is A+ So im not worried about anything. Oh hell just send mine now.

3 Likes

(programs would need to be re-posted anyway because the CrossFire PRO has a Z-axis with an Initial Height Sensing function)

How difficult (time consuming) is this?
I have a lot of G-code programs already made and would need to convert over.

The start points are wrong on the FireCam screen, why? How do you correct them? I would think the software would know inside from outside.

The software team developing FireCAM is still in the build phase- there is a ton of work left to do. It is many months away from being released.

1 Like

Thanks Daniel looking forward to using it.:+1:

1 Like

I’m all for easier to use software even if it means it’s proprietary.
If and that’s a big IF …LS would happen to go out of business, you would still have functioning equipment with maybe a few bugs or glitches that hopefully could be sorted out when the software was released as open source.
Worst case scenario would be the need to change out the controller board for a Mach 3 or 4 compatible one and you are up and running back in business.
Just my two cents worth :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I understand that you can’t give out a date and have a bunch of frustrated people if you don’t hit that date…but how many, many months, are we talking…as is, a batch 1 guy like me with no fusion experience should still learn the software and use it for a while. Or is it many months like, if your not in a hurry and software is not your thing it will be worth waiting a bit.

Will there be support for the metric system btw? Being in Sweden this would make things a lot easier.

Thanks,
D

do you think it will be ready in January when machines are due for delivery?

Thanks in advance

2 Likes