Pictorial cut problem guide?

I’m probably not using the correct search terms but is there some general pictorial cut guide similar to a spark plug mixture chart? I’m too new at this to determine just by looking at my piece what settings need to be changed.

I’m using an Everlast 62i and the cut charts I found here on the forums as a basis for starting out. Rather than have someone else look at my part and tell me what’s wrong I’d prefer to learn it myself so if there was some sort of troubleshooting guide I could follow that will help me tweak speed, air and amps that would be a huge help.

How do you know if you have a problem or not if you don’t know that you do??? Post pics of cuts people on this forum will determine if you do indeed have issues with cut settings and will offer solutions. Or don’t post pics and just chase your tail trying to figure out if there is a problem with cut settings…

3 Likes

@p40whk welcome back to the forum.Here’s a generic cut quality guide from hypertherm with pictures.

2 Likes

I understand your meaning as I like to try to work through my problems, if I can. Here are some articles that I found useful:
How to troubleshoot cut quality problems – hole quality.pdf (449.9 KB)
How to troubleshoot cut quality problems – too much dross (slag).pdf (309.8 KB)
Troubleshooting cut quality problems – Incomplete cuts.pdf (133.9 KB)
Troubleshooting plasma cutting system cut quality problems - cut angularity.pdf (669.7 KB)

3 Likes

Easy enough to know when you need to make adjustments when your first cuts aren’t clean. As a retired aircraft mechanic and technical writer I’ve spent my life troubleshooting and fixing problems. Posting pics on a public forum will get you opinions from everyone who think they know what they’re talking about and people that do know so how do you determine who is who? I’m a technical guy and I like to learn and educate myself before I start asking questions so I can determine what advice to follow.

I’ll post pics once I’ve gotten to the point where I think my personal research isn’t leading me in the right direction. It isn’t chasing your tail reading through technical documents of this sort as you always learn something.

1 Like

@ ChelanJim and @ TinWhisperer, Thank You! This is exactly what I was looking for!

1 Like

Here is another:
Troubleshooting _ Langmuir Systems.pdf (832.6 KB)

2 Likes