No plasma cutter Razorweld

Looks like you can cancel and buy from Amazon at a premium

Speedway motors also has them for $899, but these donā€™t have the CNC ports.

Same here . Ordered April 8th. Still waiting. I should have picked another hobby.

a couple months at worstā€¦this is just poor inventory managementā€¦failing badly

let us look at a few points hereā€¦

• how many people decided in the last year to take on Plasma cutting as a hobby/business?..I bet lotsā€¦
  • I bet Langmuir also did not expect for their product line to take off as much as it didā€¦I expect that sales have gone far above expectations.
  • I bet other companies in the plasma business has seen an huge influx in demandā€¦

now we look at the world economicsā€¦

• prior to the world Pandemic (believe it or not) most companies in the world were running at 50-70% capacity of inventory stockā€¦any more than that and you can easily run into inventory suroplus which is a killer in business.
  • now the worlds manufacturing came to an almost haltā€¦so that 50-75% inventory went quickly down
  • with no real way to resupply/manufacture inventory it drops down to almost zero.

As the world starts to regain the shipping and manufacturing infrastructure, it is trying to fill a bucket that was mostly full at the start of the world pandemicā€¦and is now almost emptyā€¦
There is a constant leak at the bottom of the bucket due to the demand for supplies and productā€¦but the flow to fill the bucket is barely strong enough to keep the bucket from going dry.

the flow is getting betterā€¦and the bucket will fillā€¦but it is going to take time.

no one in the world had enough inventory to last the delay in manufacturing and infrastructure breakdown.

4 Likes

Itā€™s the drawback to the ā€œjust in timeā€ model. Itā€™s usually more cost effective and flexible, but has very little buffer for disruptions.

4 Likes

I am in the same boat for the plasma cutter as well as a compressor. Seems to be the nature of the beast right now with this supply chain craziness. Itā€™s causing delays all over the manufacturing sector. Itā€™s nuts!

I purchased my system in February. I have everything but the plasma. The covid effect can only go so far. You would think they would have pivoted to a different machine by now. or at least have something from Razorweld on ETA. Iā€™d bet they have several thousand on order from them. Iā€™m sure Razor weld is taking there calls at that QTY or an order. Someone over at Langmuir know whats up!!

Tell us so we can plan on a refund or wait. No ETA is NO EXCUSE!! COVID IS NO EXCUSE for a 5 month delay!!

Yeah, especially because the whole chip shortage thing thatā€™s affecting any electronic product (see Appleā€™s warnings about product disruption) or mechanical products with electronics (see automobiles) that arenā€™t expected to be resolved for 2(!) more years. Yep, definitely should have seen that coming and stockpiled RW45s in case they were going to sell a lot of them. Or maybe they could get some other manufacturerā€™s product. You know, the other ones that are in short supply.

What weā€™re missing here in the US is that although weā€™re all being released from lockdown and have pretty much resumed life business as usual, the whole rest of the world is still effed (we will be too when the new mutations come screaming along with our vaccination rate thatā€™s for another day). It is not business as usual in the rest of the world. Millions are getting sick daily, tens of thousands are dying. But damn them if they think they shouldnā€™t be back in the cheap labor factory in China and making the chips for the machines we want to play with in our garages! Weā€™ve got rights. What are they thinking? Get them off their butts and our lives will be so much easier.

Yep definitely, ainā€™t no excuse for delays!

5 Likes

We have posted our best estimates on the following thread. There is still a LOT of uncertainty out there but we want to do our best and be as transparent as we can.

1 Like

I donā€™t give $.02 whats going on in China. F them for this whole mess. And were all dumb as Sh_t for getting so dependent on there crap. which most that comes from there is. Donā€™t lecture me about China dude. I just dont care!!! And hey dont you already have your machine??? have you been waiting? Did langmuir sell you a machine with an expectation that it would deliver it in a time frame. And then blow it all to shit Cause of CHINA!!! BS!!! stop wasting my time with a BS response like that man!!!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Youā€™ll find lots of help. Or not depending on how those here react to you.

Whether you like the answer or not, itā€™s whatā€™s happening. Stamp your feet, wave your arms in the air, hold your breath until youā€™re blue or scream and thrash about like a 3 year old and ainā€™t nothing going to change.

And yes I have my table. And yes my first one was delayed as was my second one. Not because Langmuir was being deceptive but because sh*t happens. You can get your money back on anything you havenā€™t received and you can probably sell what you have pretty quickly too. Langmuir canā€™t make Razorweld deliver something they donā€™t have even though Razorweld committed to earlier delivery and is now delaying shipping to Langmuir.

Since nothing else can be done youā€™re wasting your own time as well as anyone elseā€™s who hasnā€™t muted you so your posts donā€™t show up. You can do that to me and anyone else you think is wasting your time. Trust me, no oneā€™s gonna care if you do.

9 Likes

Well put jamesdhatchā€¦

1 Like

Call Everlast 52i is in stock as of a couple of days ago. Its the same price and its a better machine. Langmuir will refund your money. Or buy another brand cutter of your choice. The Razorweld is not a Hypertherm, so just about any one will do. Wire it for Raw voltage and start cuttingā€¦
Thats the only answer to your problem. Or wait till china decides to ship them. Not Langmuirs fault,
i cant even get chlorine for my pool. We have been caught with our pants down as a country. Hopefully
this is a wakeup call.

you mean I can mute people???

3 Likes

Got by refund on Monday ordered the 52i and itā€™s will be here this afternoon (Thursday)
3 Days!

All is good!

2 Likes

I run the PTM60 on my pro table.
I got it from George (mechanic 416 awhile back )
It cuts extremely well, I also have an X45 machine torch with fine cut consumables thatā€™s been a challenge to tune ( fine cut) but the Ptm60 honestly cuts just as good if not better

remember with the Everlastā€¦do your raw voltage connection inside the plasma cutter on the lugs in the frontā€¦there are pictures I posted in the forum on that.
the CNC plug is good for on/off of torch

4 Likes

Yup sure can

I was pissed and came off a bit rash. But for the record I am pretty tired of the Covid excuse! not just here but everyone uses it just because they can and get away with it.

And i have been sitting here for 5 months waiting. I didnā€™t even open the boxes yet cause i know ill just really want to cut something. In the forums yesterday they posted that i could see my Razorweld ship next week. Lets hope thatā€™s the case.