No plasma cutter Razorweld

Anyone else here having issue getting their plasma cutter from Langmuir,. I ordered my table and plasma 7 months ago , received my table 2 months . Still can not get my plasma cutter from them . I keep getting a generic answer by the end of the month they will ship. That was over 2 months ago. Tried calling all 4 days this week on phone number 833-526-4797 and can not get an answer. Getting very frustrated with this company .

4 Likes

Yeah I ordered mine in March and I’m getting the same thing. They offered me a refund and I told them if it wasn’t in transit by the end of August I would pursue the refund. Although I really would like to have the Razorweld 45 I ordered I see really good results coming from the Titanium 45 at Harbor freight. That may be my course of action.

Yes and if i go buy a hypertherm to get using my machine i will need to buy another $75 cable from Langmuir to hook it up.

Hey @woodam! It looks like we’ve provided you with the most up-to-date information that we have at the moment regarding the status of your Razorweld 45 via email earlier this week on Monday. If you don’t want to wait on the Razorweld 45 anymore, we completely understand and can cancel that portion of your order so that you can purchase a different plasma cutter elsewhere.

If you don’t get through to us on the phone right away, that usually means we are on the phone with another customer. We get a very large call volume and are a small startup team. Just leave us a voicemail and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

@woodam There are two different wiring routes that you can go with the Hypertherm plasma cutter. One thing that is very important to note is that Hypertherm CPC ports only function if a machine torch is plugged into your cutter.

If your Powermax has a CPC port and a machine torch, then you can purchase the CPC cable that we sell separately. Our CPC cable provides direct plug-and-play connection to the torch firing port of the CNC control box and the VIM box for THC. This would be the simpler option, and no internal wiring would be necessary.

You can purchase our CPC cable here: Hypertherm CPC Cable for CrossFire / CrossFire PRO – Langmuir Systems

Our optional machine torch mount is here: Machine Torch Mount for CrossFire / CrossFire PRO – Langmuir Systems

Alternatively, all of our plasma CNC machines and THC kits include cables in their boxes for internally wiring any compatible plasma cutter. There are different cables and instructions to follow for the torch firing feature and torch height control feature.

Wiring instructions for the torch firing function can be found here: CrossFire Assembly Guide | Langmuir Systems

Wiring instructions for the torch height control function can be found here: LS-THC User Guide | Langmuir Systems

In short, the CPC cable that we sell separately is not required for Hypertherm plamsa cutters, it is a plug-and-play option if you don’t want to internally wire it using the cables that are included with the machine!

2 Likes

I would not recommend the HF Titanium 45 unless you plan on updating to a machine torch. Consumables are hard to get a lot of times for the hand torch.

No you don’t. You can use their cable, HT’s cable or even make your own. And you can direct connect by opening up the machine. You will need one of the cable options if you’re using the CPC port but you will also need to use a machine torch if you’re going the CPC port route.

There are posts here that detail how to do all of these including how to build your own cable with part numbers and suppliers. If I recall, that option cost me about $25 when I hooked up my HT.

1 Like

I canceled mine and bought an Everlast 52i. The wiring isn’t plug and play, but I have no regrets. Hypertherm has a pretty long wait right now, too.

1 Like

I do understand that I got a response earlier this week, the same response i have got for the last 3 month. ( sending out by the end of the month). I do understand I can buy a different plasma if needed. When i purchased this I decided to go with a one stop package deal so it would be covered under some kind of warranty. If i buy another plasma brand new and have to modify the wiring to work then it will void all warranties and i will be out 2-3 thousand dollars. I work for a very large corporation too and know how hard it is right now to get supplies but you have to admit 5 months is not acceptable business practice. I do believe you have a very good product just wish i could use it.

I understand your frustrations, we are just as frustrated that we are still waiting on them. Unfortunately, there is nothing that we can do to get them any faster. We don’t really have any way to get more information until they arrive at a dock. It doesn’t typically take this long for a shipment to arrive to us, but with the global economy recently reopening, the circumstances are completely out of the ordinary and also completely out of our control.

As soon as we receive them, we are going to ship them.

2 Likes

Folks here in the US don’t tend to understand this - while we’re all returning to business as usual, almost all of the rest of the world is still grappling with the pandemic. It’s continuing to have an impact on everything from production to packaging to shipping. It’s hard to understand that when we’re all just going along (in most states) without any issues because we’ve been fortunate to get vaccinated and slow or stop the spread (depending on the state you’re in).

4 Likes

add to this shipping containers are ina short supply around the world for loading…it takes time to restart the world economy and shipping…

There are plasma cutters out there, the only trouble is they are on the Langmuir DO NOT USE LIST.

Buy an Everlast. 52i same price. Better machine…
Wire it for raw voltage and be cutting next week.
September delivery is an unexceptable option in my book. On the langmuir list of approved machines.

3 Likes

I have been waiting for my hypertherm 65 for a month, it might not get here until october

EVERLAST 82i works awesome. Put $2000 back in your pocket. So what if the fan runs all the time.
Why would they leave it on when they are not cutting? Wired mine for raw voltage. Plenty of consumables out there down .0.9.

2 Likes

I agree I am not waiting for a plasma cutter with a table setting there not being used.
If you change the torch to a PTM60 you can go down to 20 amp with a 0.65mm tip with a .025" orifice hole for really thin metal. The only 0.9 mm/40 amp tip I sell and Tecmo makes is a drag tip and not used on a CNC table.

My 82i uses a iptm80 torch. The smallest tip I have is the 0.9mm. Purchased them from Everlast
Also use the plasmadyne version without any problems.

I agree with mechanic 416. Wasn’t aware that the ptm60 was an option.

wired for RAW voltage to the terminal lugs inside the plasma…best option…and you can get consumables down to 0.6…

2 Likes