No plasma cutter Razorweld

That one is wild. It was caused by the Texas freeze & power outages earlier this year. Turns out TX produces about 40% of the chlorine tabs for pools. Their chemical plants crashed with the power problmes and restarting wasn’t simply a flip of a switch. It’s not just international manufacturing relationships that cause issues. Who’d have thought a winter storm could crater the swimming pool industry?

BTW, that’s also one of the reasons sheet goods (OSB, plywood) haven’t fallen in price as fast as lumber. Two out of the three plants in the country that make the resins for that are in TX. They got janked up too. Worse, they’re reliant on chemical distillations from the oil refineries that were also shutdown.

Amazing how much centralization of basic production goes on in states here.

2 Likes

It really proves just how fragile our infrastructure and economy or way of life really is by being derailed by a Virus a Snow Storm or a Government. I am afraid it only going to get worse. Shortages are going to become the new way of life.

2 Likes

I am a newbie, what all did you have to do to get it working… I did buy the height controller.
any help appreciated.
Tom

Was trying to help him fix his problems with settings. Are you having trouble?

James, at least the guy kinda apologized for his tone? Why folks feel like they have to come off like that in this forum is beyond me, all anyone here is trying to do is help. I for one appreciate you input on all topics.

Yeah i had allot happing that day. And i was POed about allot of stuff. James post just sat wrong with me. My point was that we as American’s are getting to reliant on China for Cheap Equipment. Yeah we don’t want to pay more. But American products just cost more. We need more people getting engineering degrees. And designing and building Good products. We need tp build it here. And buy from here. As far as me being unsympathetic to the China Issues. Nope not sorry!!! All this mess was cooked up up over there. Well never really know how this virus happened cause they wont let anyone investigate. So not really sorry about that part!!

3 Likes

We just picked up an Everlast 82i CNC package - PowerPlasma 82i with CNC Package - Plasma Cutters | Everlast Generators. Should arrive in 2-3 weeks. Very capable machine. There are only a few more available according to the sales department…but the container hits the dock within the week. Jump on it if this works for your needs. $1,599 for an 80 amp plasma with all the CNC-ready goodness.

Update:

I lied. Just got the tracking number. Should be here by Thursday!!!

1 Like

I have one. Works great.

2 Likes

Spot on. Well said.

Not making excuses for anyone but, this has slowed the world economy and if you’re gonna be sore about anything you should be sore with American multinational corporations for doing their business over there. Capitalism at its finest

2 Likes