Newbie with a question about speed and power

I’ve been doing some research and watching whatever YouTube videos I can. I ran my break in program and even my first cut with success today. I had found on here last week and I can’t seem to find it again, but there was a cut chart and other files someone had as a document. But it did cover speed and power based on material thickness. Any help pointing me to the chart again would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I found it

There is a google document in that post.
I have a different plasma cutter but this should hopefully get me in the ballpark I need.

if you click on the magnifying glass on the top right of the page here and you type …cut chart…
you will get results for many types of machines.
although you may or may not find your exact machine you will find that they are very similar in numbers…

also keep in mind there are several things to keep in mind…
not every metal…machine…air quality…is the same so you might have to tweak your settings.

draw yourself a test pattern or use the standard bottle opener and try different settings…play with your amps…then try speed changes…air should dtay pretty constant…

write down on each test piece what you did to it for speed…amps…that way you can compare and tune in your machine…

good luck…

let us know how it goes

1 Like