My CFP Build Thread

also, welcome to the community!

1 Like

I am torn about whether to connect the two Arcflat tables long way, or side by side. Decisions, decisions… the stuff I build could benefit either way.

Third option order two more therapy tables…:rofl:

4 Likes

accepting donations…I only need 18 forum members to venmo me $100

1 Like

Me too I’m old school I accept PayPal…

1 Like

Ha :joy:
You are so young!!! Old school was taping coins to an index card and mailing in a letter.

5 Likes

Jim, I have done that. The coin tape thing😁

1 Like

A few more steps completed… stepper motors and lead screws are installed. When I return from travel next week I’ll clean up the silicon, install the slats and move on the next step.

Possibly powering up next weekend?

IMG_6136

2 Likes

Trimmed the excess on the drains this morning.

1 Like

i also trammed the Zed two directions.

2 Likes

Fixed the horrible factory wiring on the power supply too. Yellow wouldn’t fit, so I went with gray.

As of today, the controller is mounted and the steppers are wired up and most of the wires organized. All the mechanical bracing is installed. Next I’m going to install the plasma machine, wiring, and the end stops, THC wiring.

1 Like

Mechanical is done. Just wires and software now.

3 Likes

also, got my ARCFlats ready for epoxy…

2 Likes

got my tables on Sunday…real nice products…what epoxy are you going to use?

1 Like

@toolboy
I ordered the epoxy recommended in the instruction manual. But, to be honest, I put my straight edge on them and they are already perfectly flat so… dunno what I’m going to do?

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 6.07.53 PM

I read these instructions a few times and am a bit intimidated by it, so I will be interested to see your process if you do end up going through with it!

So I did everything excpet the epoxy…I used a real nice pice of 3"x2" structural angle on each side and clamped them down hard…then bolted the table together…
when I removed the 3x2…nothing moved…
I put a brand new heavy duty straight edge across the top and could not even see light under the edge…anywhere!!!

3 Likes

Yup, mine sitting sideways currently has no light under two different straight edges I tested. Once I stand it up will test again and see. If it is flat, I’m going to return the epoxy and skip it.

this is about my ARC Flat build, but don’t need a new thread for it.

I ordered two aluminum flat straight edges. They were about the same spec as much more expensive steel equivalents, but 1/8th the price. Aluminum bends though. I spent time slowly loosening the nuts and tapping until there was no light or room for the smallest feeler gauge I have.

The gaps on each side wound up as 0.010 (0.25mm) on one side and 0.013 (0.33mm) on the other side according the largest feeler gauge I could slide into various points on the bottom and side of the table gap.

Unfortunately the mixing nozzles I ordered do not fit the recommended epoxy dispenser from JB Weld. So, gotta wait until next week because I’m on a plane again. Going to watch football and finish wiring instead.

2 Likes