My CFP Build Thread

He probably was… your logo is much cooler than mine!!

2 Likes

not so sure, I like yours! I want the file for your brackets!

1 Like

I have been on my phone and it’s hard to see it. If there was a picture of it I must have missed it.

cut on my diode laser from ½" plywood.

4 Likes

Well now you tell your little only feeling that logo is bad ass!
Thanks for blowing it up. Anytime you want to brag about your laser I would love to listen.

That’s another piece of equipment I don’t need but want

1 Like

it is an iKier K1 Pro Max 48W. Includes autofocus which is a life saver. When you remember to run it.

I’ll send them your way

I had to drill one of the Y axis rails for the lead screw bearing blocks. :frowning: I guess my batch was in the failed one that others also received.

Do you use fusion? I can send you the F3D file… if not I will get you a dxf

I added the dxf files and description to fireshare

2 Likes

72Pony, I do, and sheetcam. F360 personal.

After looking at the CFP in person, and then considering the typical CNC machine one really has to wonder why they didn’t just use HG20 linear rails and gantry plates. No way it would cost more than the custom gantry mounts and the tubes, all the bearings and bearing plates. There are also many designs that use extrusion that protects the transmission. Even my diode laser machine has that design.

Designed to be special for specials purpose

Well, I had to wrastle’ a little and experiment but found the right combination finally

3 Likes

that’s over $400 in tools to squish two holes for the bar drains. Glad i plan on using them for other projects.

4 Likes

Huge shout out to Langmuir Customer Support. They took care of my recent double Arcflat order and the new super discounts without question, ALREADY, and are sending me more clamps on top of all that. Gotta love the integrity of this company.

6 Likes

So you are proving the point: “More tools makes you feel better!” GOOD THERAPY, Am I right?

I am glad to see they treated you that way. COSTCO has always honored any of the sales if you bought the item in the last 30 days: All you do is show them the receipt. I makes you more likely to trade with them down the road when they have such behavior.

2 Likes

PLUS, guess what just showed up in the brown truck??? I’ve never heard the UPS guy complain so much, and he asked for my help to unload the boxes…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Congrats! Did you get the kit to connect the two of them together?

1 Like

yup, it arrived last week.