My CFP Build Thread

Good time to review this thread before you go any further:

Pimp My Pro- Mods and Addons - CrossFire ® PRO - Langmuir Systems Forum

4 Likes

thanks for the tip. I read every thread on the forums. Especially that one, water table topics and dry air topics. :smiley:

4 Likes

the stack is ready… at least three projects worth there. Added 726lbs to the pile for the CFP base project and others. I had 450lbs of remnants… enough to build a DIY finger press brake.

3 Likes

would love to be able to store metal outside…but not here…Ottawa Canada…snow…rain…high humidity in the summer…

4 Likes

So, what tools and drains did you use? Don’t really want to spend $400, but I would love to redo the drains in my table.

@ShaneP Welcome to the forum!

There are a couple of dimple dies that others have made and are circulating around. Get on the list. I did it for my table and it works great!

Here is a thread featuring the dimple die that @nortonscustoms has provided. As of 9 days ago the dies were still circulating the forum.

There are also some dimple dies that use the original drain… they dimple it down to make it flush. I 3d printed some and used them before I did the bar sink mod… I definitely recommend the bar sink mod.

Some have had good results just adding the bar sink drain without using a dimple die.

Bar sink drain dimple die - CrossFire ® PRO / Assembly - Langmuir Systems Forum

5 Likes

like pony said I used 1” bar sink drains from amazon. I got an expensive die set because i have other needs for them, conveniently justified for the plasma table.

You could 3D print a full infill die and be successful for a couple smash sections.

I was able to get mine fully below the floor of the pan, sealed with the waterproof locktite goo.

@ShaneP

2 Likes

I epoxied my double ARCFlat table today. Please check out the video for explanation.

2 Likes

beer was used in this build.

2 Likes

For curious members, the height increase will be as follows:

4" of tube frame
10 1/2" shelf spaces (3 shelves plus the top, so four really; ) >>> bottom |—|—|—| top
but what about the casters? Well, I learned here about side mounting. So they will only add ¾" to the height even though the casters are 4" tall
MINUS the minimum height of the CFP feet.
Total: ~14"

1 Like

what are you building now?

a base for the CFP, @rjpowell9

2 Likes

Made more progress on the base today. If you want to see more pics, you’ll have to join my “All Things Maker” group on the book of face, please. I despise the book of face, but, barring a better platform…its all we got.

1 Like

The ultimate CFP base fabrication is complete!

:camera_flash: Look at this post on Facebook Redirecting...

Post more pics on here for those of us who aren’t on Facebook.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m not allowed on Facebook :grin:

6 Likes

Is it only tacked? I’d weld it!

it’s a pita here the forum won’t resize images