My CFP Build Thread

So I did everything excpet the epoxy…I used a real nice pice of 3"x2" structural angle on each side and clamped them down hard…then bolted the table together…
when I removed the 3x2…nothing moved…
I put a brand new heavy duty straight edge across the top and could not even see light under the edge…anywhere!!!

3 Likes

Yup, mine sitting sideways currently has no light under two different straight edges I tested. Once I stand it up will test again and see. If it is flat, I’m going to return the epoxy and skip it.

this is about my ARC Flat build, but don’t need a new thread for it.

I ordered two aluminum flat straight edges. They were about the same spec as much more expensive steel equivalents, but 1/8th the price. Aluminum bends though. I spent time slowly loosening the nuts and tapping until there was no light or room for the smallest feeler gauge I have.

The gaps on each side wound up as 0.010 (0.25mm) on one side and 0.013 (0.33mm) on the other side according the largest feeler gauge I could slide into various points on the bottom and side of the table gap.

Unfortunately the mixing nozzles I ordered do not fit the recommended epoxy dispenser from JB Weld. So, gotta wait until next week because I’m on a plane again. Going to watch football and finish wiring instead.

2 Likes

Would be great to see some pics of you checking it.
How long was your straight edge?
Curious to see how you did
It

All the wiring is complete. Next will build the base and the water system.

2 Likes

Good time to review this thread before you go any further:

Pimp My Pro- Mods and Addons - CrossFire ® PRO - Langmuir Systems Forum

4 Likes

thanks for the tip. I read every thread on the forums. Especially that one, water table topics and dry air topics. :smiley:

4 Likes

the stack is ready… at least three projects worth there. Added 726lbs to the pile for the CFP base project and others. I had 450lbs of remnants… enough to build a DIY finger press brake.

3 Likes

would love to be able to store metal outside…but not here…Ottawa Canada…snow…rain…high humidity in the summer…

4 Likes

So, what tools and drains did you use? Don’t really want to spend $400, but I would love to redo the drains in my table.

@ShaneP Welcome to the forum!

There are a couple of dimple dies that others have made and are circulating around. Get on the list. I did it for my table and it works great!

Here is a thread featuring the dimple die that @nortonscustoms has provided. As of 9 days ago the dies were still circulating the forum.

There are also some dimple dies that use the original drain… they dimple it down to make it flush. I 3d printed some and used them before I did the bar sink mod… I definitely recommend the bar sink mod.

Some have had good results just adding the bar sink drain without using a dimple die.

Bar sink drain dimple die - CrossFire ® PRO / Assembly - Langmuir Systems Forum

5 Likes

like pony said I used 1” bar sink drains from amazon. I got an expensive die set because i have other needs for them, conveniently justified for the plasma table.

You could 3D print a full infill die and be successful for a couple smash sections.

I was able to get mine fully below the floor of the pan, sealed with the waterproof locktite goo.

@ShaneP

2 Likes

I epoxied my double ARCFlat table today. Please check out the video for explanation.

2 Likes

beer was used in this build.

2 Likes

For curious members, the height increase will be as follows:

4" of tube frame
10 1/2" shelf spaces (3 shelves plus the top, so four really; ) >>> bottom |—|—|—| top
but what about the casters? Well, I learned here about side mounting. So they will only add ¾" to the height even though the casters are 4" tall
MINUS the minimum height of the CFP feet.
Total: ~14"

1 Like

what are you building now?

a base for the CFP, @rjpowell9

2 Likes

Made more progress on the base today. If you want to see more pics, you’ll have to join my “All Things Maker” group on the book of face, please. I despise the book of face, but, barring a better platform…its all we got.

1 Like