MR 1 Build # TWO

Got mine this morning… packaging was fantastic. Parts are laid under 1/2 plywood. Everything is labeled and bagged perfectly.
My internet is down at home so AT&T fiber
(Not recommended) so I will try and post pictures now if I can.

Pictures are not loading right now. I will download them later.
It was very easy except for the Co Plane setup. If you don’t have the exact type of magnetic dial indicator and stand you will pull your hair out. Spend the 50 and get it from Langmuir. Got my co plane to .003. I’m ready for concrete in the morning. Update coming soon.

11 Likes

Here is a picture of the forklift skid with MR 1 bolted down to it.

10 Likes

It’s almost like you’ve been waiting for it….:rofl: Good deal, enjoy

1 Like

Didn’t you pick it up like 2 min ago? :smile: Not messing around!

@Bigdaddy2166 Looks great nice work so far, you are fast! I think we need to offer that skid as an MR-1 add-on :rofl:

Excited to see the concrete pour updates tomorrow. We started affixing a reference guide to each chip tray that highlights some of the key points during this process but yours went out before this was added so here you go!

6 Likes

Was back at my shop by 8:30 this morning. I have two top notch helpers that assisted me.

3 Likes

So how do you like it so far? I assume you have it done and are already running production jobs? haha

1 Like

I have several projects already to go in Fusion
Just waiting for the post processor download. Late next week for chips flying…

3 Likes

bravo @Bigdaddy2166! now the hard part Thursday…watching concrete dry for 5x days…

2 Likes

Here are more pre concrete photos.

11 Likes

Concrete is completed. NOW I WAIT AGAIN…

New z driver installed. After reading the directions…Blew Daniels email up and felt stupid. Read the directions…

11 Likes

Looking good! Any lessons learned that are worth sharing?

fantastic! looks like you read more directions than I did haha. keep the pics coming.

Just wondering if the illustrations are accurate. The table to carriage clearance is listed at 5-1/2” so I had estimated the chip tray depth to be around 5”. So concrete thickness should be close to 4-3/4” before epoxy top coat. I had read other estimates of 6” to 8” for concrete. Am I far off?

1 Like

4"to 5 " is what mine worked out too.
Z travel is 6.1 or so in lower bolt holes.
Almost 9" in the upper mount holes. The measurement they are showing is to the top lip. Base plates are about 1" below that.

2 Likes

Plates are an inch lower? Looked fairly close to me.

Haven’t seen a video yet on the upper bolt holes. I don’t think it affects carriage clearance though which I think is the bigger problem with the Z height.

I’ll measure it in the morning and give you an update.

@Bigdaddy2166 Great job on the assembly and concrete pour so far! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

@Bigdaddy2166 is going to be the @TinWhisperer of the mr-1

3 Likes

It’s a phenomenon that we all fall victim to. A bunch of smart people who love to wing it, get excited… blah blah. Lol

2 Likes