Machine torch randomly raises - SOLVED

I was reading didn’t see asked or answered. Do you have a machine torch or are you using a hand torch. Thinking whip may hit side rails and sort of hanging or not enough slack. Seen mine do that before.

Hand torch. It has plenty of slack but thanks for asking. You never know.

I did some more testing. From the banana clips i am getting 168 v and polarity seems correct. This time around the VIM output was 2.2v.

I got 4.09v between the reference pin and and ground pin.
i got 18.6 mv between A1 and ground which i figure is close to 0 but maybe that has to be 0 exactly?

I can’t run a full cut without getting a warning to pop up and i dont think its a pierce delay but a voltage issue but i just don’t know.

when i check between the enclosure usb and the workpiece or table i get an open circuit signal. is that correct now so i dont have an open ground loop? but then i do the live voltage test and it says i do. im at a loss honestly

I did all of the testing and talked to the tech guys and they think its a bad MCB so hopefully they will contact me and get a replacement sent out asap.

Has this been solved?
Unexpectedly my torch started to rise under THC control. Without THC it works fine.
Post Processor version 1.6. I am running the latest version of Fire Control.

Are you running a laptop??
Is it charging?
Sounds like emi. Electrical interference.

Laptop.
Have been running this configuration for two years. Nothing has changed.

you might want to start a new topic as this one has been solved already.

I would also suggest going thru to before starting a new one to see if maybe it’s the same issue your having.

so…most common issues for torch to rise all by itself are

• a poor material clamp connection…
  • coiled lines near USB…do not coil lines or have plasma lines near the control box if possible
  • running laptop with power plugged in and no ground isolation plug on it…run laptops on battery for best results
  • no ferrite chokes on the USB cable between laptop and control box
1 Like

I also Just recently stated having this issue after having my Pro for a year, and found out the Ground for the Razor cut 45 had deteriorated/corroded away to nothing, I use GreenCut fluid, and man it must kill the copper?

Also just ran into this issue. Torch rises until it looses arc. 45xp, machine torch all software updated. Nothing changed since previously this day when it worked fine.
Ground looks fine and can’t find any loose cables, THC test checks out.

This seems to be an issue which some people run into but when I skim through the posts now I can’t seem to see any solution or cause for that matter.
How did all you guys who experienced this solve the problem?

Haven’t been here for awhile… just found the arc troubleshooting flow chart which led me right to:
“It’s likely that you are getting water splashing into the brass switch contacts of your IHS in the Z-axis that is affecting the THC voltage reading. Please proceed to FLAG 1 for more information.”

Indeed it has been a long day of cutting and splashing so I’ll do some TLC and report back in a day or so.

1 Like

Sure enough, sure was dirty in the contact area. Works like a charm after blowing out with compressed air.

1 Like

get some electrical contact cleaner spray…and wash out the contacts as you clean your table from time to time…

3 Likes