Machine Torch interference with Large Thumbscrew - ! PICS!

Hi All,

Trying to finish up the last few details on my CrossFirePRO assembly and seem to be getting tripped up on simple stuff today.

I bought the RazorWeld Plasma with the machine torch upgrade from Langmuir but the body of the torch seems to be too large of a diameter and it is striking the large thumbwheel and is preventing me from tightening the upper and lower clamps that lock the torch to the Z-Axis fixture.

Is the thumbscrew only supposed to be used for the hand torch configuration? Seems like it would work perfectly for that… maybe I missed the instruction where a standard cap screw is substituted when the machine torch is used? Or maybe the machine torch is a newer, fatter diameter than no longer works with the Langmuir clamping system?

Happy for any feedback if you can see what I’m doing wrong in these photos. Thanks!

PICS:

There should be a machine screw in with that kit to replace the thumb screw with.

That’s what I did anyhow, maybe it wasn’t in with the kit?

3 Likes

OK cool.

There are quite a few “sidebar” instructions when you install upgrades, so I may have just missed a step along the way… I’ve got lots of little bags of parts and small wire harnesses that are unused. I’m sure I can find something that will work.

Really trying to get this thing far enough along that I can run the “break in” routine and get a little video clip of that… I’ve been working on this since mid-September and may finally be approaching the finish line!!

-TM

2 Likes

You should not have any extra parts, You should double check as you may have trouble later on if something got left out!

1 Like

You are also mounting the torch wrong.

2 Likes

Where did that torch instruction come from? I have been going through the Langmuir online instructions pretty carefully (jumping via embedded hyperlinks to sub-assemblies and software downloads) but don’t recall ever seeing that image…

-TM

Here’s a related topic from back in the day. I’m not sure if there’s any formal instructions for some reason I think I saw a picture once showing an exploded view with the bolt thru in that hole? It could have just been my memory making up things which it has a habit of doing. Easy solve anyhow. Under the support section on the main page they should definitely include add-on instructions.

You won’t find this on any of the Langmuir, Razorweld, or a lot of other instructions.

We learned this back in the 80’s.

This comes with every CNC torch I sell to help buyers from making the same mistake I see made on here almost everyday when mounting a CNC torch.

2 Likes