Limit Switch Install

I just got my limit switch kit, and have read through the instructions. The instruction show the X axis switch being installed as far X- as it can be so that all the X travel will be in the X+ direction after it homes. The issue I’m seeing is that the Y limit switch shows it being installed all the way in the Y+ side of the machine so all the Y travel would be in the Y- direction. It makes no sense to me to have X+ travel and Y- travel after the machine homes. Why not home where both travel in the + direction from the homed location. Mounting the switch on the other side of the machine isn’t an issue but can the software be configured to home at the other side of the machine so that all your X and Y travel with me + numbers from the homed position?

I have a material stop installed on that side of the table, my shop is configured for material to be able to hang off the table based on that stop, and reversing the flow of the machine to function in the reverse of what makes sense will not be worth it.

1 Like

This was discussed in detail in the original post when the limit kit was announced.

1 Like

Would you happen to have a link to that post? I searched and didn’t see it.