Lets see what's being made on MR-1!

Ok guys with functioning machines. Give those of us still building and waiting on machines something to look at. What are you machining simple or complicated lets see it.

Weeb knife for a friend.

Just getting some reps in before I start making folders again. My version is mastercam isn’t supported for posting to CC, so I’m also having to dip a toe into fusion and learning as I go.

5 Likes

Nice . Thanks for posting

1 Like

From this:

To this:

To this:

18 Likes

Linear rail/ ball nut mount. Aluminum

Replacement gland for a pump. Mild steel

4 Likes

Damn thats small. Cute little pistol.

1 Like

How many opps on the linear rail mount? How long did it take if you dont mind me asking

Awesome parts thanks for sharing! Pinning this topic so that we can see more cool stuff made on MR-1 by the community!

3 Likes

Man that is some nice work!!! They look awesome!!

1 Like

Too many lol. I am new to Cam, it is the first part I made on the machine besides a quick tool that I mainly made manually. I did a lot better with the gland plate.

1 Like

Made a tophat for one of my cars. It took a few tries to get all the tool paths dialed in, but I’m quite happy with it now. Maybe a few minor changes left. Overall, very happy with the mill and the abilities it opens up

10 Likes

Beautiful part! Need more content like this. Posting straight to Instagram! :rofl:

1 Like

Testing accuracy to the .001 as I continue to dial in machine and get into work flows and build muscle memory.

1/8 inch end mill will hust barely give you enough clearance between nubs to make a Lego.

9 Likes

Aluminum legos. That could be fun. Hate to srep on them in the middle of the night

1 Like

Having it attached to a piece of 12in bar stock would make a nice impression on a forehead if you needed an improvised lego mace.

If I didnt live in Ca a new scratch built AR15 lower made with lego nubs everywhere would be a thing already.

3 Likes

Made a Bulkhead plate to house 5 16an lines for my BMW E92 drift car. 3 are for the dry sump oiling system and 2 are for the coolant lines since its a rear mount radiator setup.

12 Likes

Did you make the motor plate too?

Yes sir. That was made in a shapeoko believe it or not haha

1 Like

That bulkhead plate is very nice! How about a pic of the whole motor plate?

1 Like