Learning SheetCAM

I think both have all functions unlocked, but without the license you have a limited number of lines of code.

1 Like

I stick with the stable version - since the Pro & FireControl are new, I figure keeping the number of things that are new to a minimum to make diagnosing issues easier.

Makes sense. I didnt know if there was a difference between the two. And I didnt want to download and license the wrong one. Thanks

The development version is stuff that’s being worked on but not fully tested & ready for primetime.

Were do we find our tool sets to install on SC?

You make them yourself - unless some kind soul shares their tool file for the machine you’re using. I’m planning to make a tool set for my Miller 625 and post it once I get setup. I think a few folks on the forum have posted tool sets for various machines - might try and search around…

Edit: sorry, I wasn’t very clear…the tools you setup are supposed to be based on the machine you are using, so you would normally follow the cut chart provided by the plasma manufacturer for speeds and material thickness. So based on that info, you’d create a tool for ex. 30 amp 10ga Mild Steel - and set the IPM and cut parameters. When you’re cutting 10ga, you’d define your paths using the tool you setup for that material. Hope that makes sense…

1 Like

yes it does I understand now appreciate you clarifying it. I was watching youtube video on installing sheetcam and the license and then the video mentioned installing the toolpaths that’s were I got confused.

Good question & answers here. But what if you have a RazorCut 45, no cutting guide came with mine? I’m new to plasma cutters and CNC.
Boy do I have my work cut out for me. But from what I’ve seen it will be well worth it!

Do you mean a RazorWeld Cut Chart? If so follow the link. Full of info and a spreadsheet. If you meant specifically for SheetCam I don’t know of one.

1 Like

Thanks so much! Boy the people on this forum have been so helpful.
Some of the other forums I’m on sure could learn something from this group. I sure hope it stays this way.

3 Likes

It’s been pretty positive for the past 18 months. No one really seems to be into trolling and we’re all just trying to figure out the whole Crossfire thing :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Polite forums are like democracy. The only work when you want them to. Hopefully we will continue to want it to stay helpful and polite.

3 Likes

New to SheetCam. Have been downloading a few DFX files Fireshare. Everything goes as planned until the Post Processor is run and the following message comes up:
“An unexpected error has occurred:
Post not found
This error occurred on line 1178 in file …\Camlib\postmacro.cpp)
Post processing failed”

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

are you using the Firecontrol post processor in sheetcam?

No. Do not know how to use the Firecntrol post processor.

Read thru this info. Shows you the process of installing the post processor into sheetcam.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/software/sheetcam

1 Like

nicaDd

Thank you. Seems to be working now!!

1 Like

another satisfied member…

Don’t you wish for each satisfied customer you got a pile of these?

Or … a few of these! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Humm…decisions, decisions, decisions…