Learning how to 3D scan

We should have some fun after we get the scanners and see how many processes we can utilize on one project and post pics and details.

2 Likes

67.14 in levy charges and taxes coming into Canada.

We need to start a gang on the revo point forum.

Looking for good name ideas.

I’ll start…

Langmuir Lurkers. ?

@TomWS @Heath @TortillaMan @pgtips @JoshCooney and or anyone else who’s participating over at the Revopoint forum.

4 Likes

Well, if it includes you, then, according to @TortillaMan it should be called the “Infectious Infidels”!

Good thing that charge is only Canadian money instead of… what? Oh, really? I can’t say that? Dang. Never mind… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

“We must vanquish all the Infidels!!!..”

Tortilla Man

LOL.

-TM

1 Like

Oh dear. Another @toolboy

2 Likes

Not sure who @toolboy is… but I can tell you I still love this photoshop from circa 2002.

Back then the photo editing tools were lousy, and nobody even cared. They’d just take your face and paste it onto a pink leotard. Good times. :laughing:

-TM

1 Like

:thinking: :grimacing: :rofl:
My favorite leotard… :smirk:

1 Like

That’s because he’s been goofing off on vacation for the last few weeks and, before that, he’s been working on adding an addition to his workshop for the last 16-17 months or so. Consequently he’s been on another planet, pretty much out of contact. I guarantee you will know when he returns.

3 Likes

If y’all getting Minis haven’t, be sure to read this thread…

1 Like

Whoa! Not cool…… literally and figuratively

-TM

I’ve ordered a USB 3.0 Powered Hub which should provide enough power to meet stated power spec of the Mini, but, at a minimum, will isolate the scanner from my PC/Laptop.

3 Likes

That’s a great idea.

I read through the post I’ll definitely be keeping my eye on it.

2 Likes

FWIW, I contacted Revopoint service and they said mine would ship out in the next 72 hrs.

It seems weekday response time from Revopoint service is pretty good if I factor they’re about 12 hours away. The ‘English as a second language’ syndrome requires some diligence to work through, but they’re trying. I’ve spent enough time working with teams around the world, that I can deal with that as long as both sides TRY to communicate…

1 Like

I’ve got my tracking number finally! Yahoo!

2 Likes

I am thinking of buying this for mobile scanner.

you can expanded the RAM to 10gig

And the ROM is expandable to 1TB

seems like a good option.

Blackview Tab 13 6GB RAM 128GB Android 12 Tablet TÜV Rheinland + PC Mode – Blackview Official Store

I have had a blackview phone 9900pro for two years and I’ve been very happy with it .

Any thoughts on mobile rigs out there?

In your collection of Manuals did you find a spec for which speed SD (TF) cards they support? ISTM for a 3D scanning application you want reasonably large and fast storage. Typically SD slots are required by the SDA to state which speeds are supported. Of course, all the marketing calls it a ‘TF’ card so they may be immune from that requirement.

Model Tab 13
Colors Space Gray/Lunar Silver/Twilight Blue
Dimensions 238.8157.67.7mm
Weight 450g
Display 10.1-inch 1200*1920 FHD+ IPS 81% Screen-to-body Ratio
CPU MediaTek Helio G85
RAM & ROM 6GB+128GB,LPDDR4X +eMMC 5.1
SIM Slot Dual SIM; Two Nano Card or Nano Card + TF Card
Max TF Card Capacity 1TB
Front Camera 8MP Samsung® S5K4H7
Rear Camera 13MP + 2MP
Battery Capacity 7280mAh