It's been awhile. Post those projects!

I like the way you did the highlights on the hammer.
Are you a graphics designer as well as a CNC cutter?

Nothing major on my cross fire pro yet ! Still running the machine with THC off due to faulty parts… seeing everyone’s art makes me very keen to do some!! All the art guru’s,what software are you liking to design in ?

3 Likes

No sir. This is a file I had in a file pack. I only did slight modifications to it

@Smurfos that’s a bad ass fire pit

1 Like

Thanks buddy… Come out not to bad… easy when you got a plasma cutter :wink:

1 Like

Cut lots of large box tube end plates, hang plates, hooks, gussets, etc. Cut some riser plates for when I install the XL kit parts.

Needed some gooseneck dies for the Swag Offroad heavy duty finger press brake, but their versions are short, so designed larger ones and hope to try them out soon. Just 1/4" plate. I’ll weld them in groups for different widths or 1", 2" etc.

I’ve made a few dozen capture nut mounts from 1/4". Weld them to 3/8" nuts to mount hockey pucks as feet for different projects, a bench grinder stand, a couple radiant heater stands for a restaurant. Still trying to improve my tig welding.

Bought some rollers from McMaster Carr and designed an adjustable roller guide for cutting long tubing and angle iron. First of several of these I am making.

All on Crossfire 2x2, Primeweld Cut60, ViaCAD 2D / Sheetcam / Mach3

8 Likes

The cuts look pretty good on the 1/4" finger dies. What Plasma Cutter do you have?

Primeweld Cut60 on everything. Next batch of gooseneck dies, I have some path rules in Sheetcam to finetune corners. But overall more than happy with these. I want a total of 6-8" for projects.

Goal is mainly bending 1/8" - 3/16" steel.

7 Likes

First project that took more than a few seconds, for the people that turn onto my narrow dirt driveway thinking it connects, ignoring the private property signs:

Only one hiccup cutting one letter where the thc was unhappy (the left leg of the N). I ended up manually editing the .tap file to remove all the cuts up to and including that letter, then ran that file to completion.

I haven’t decided how I’ll hang it yet, I’m thinking weld a short section of light chain on each end, then hang off a tree or posts.

2 Likes

Hang it across the driveway will work the best.

I saw a similar sign motorcycling through the mountains of WV a few years ago. It was at the top of a mountain road. GPS units would tell you to turn left to get to the highway on the other side of the mountain. The road to the right was the correct one. The one to the left was shorter because it was pretty much straight down with a few switchbacks. The one to the right was longer as it wound gently down the mountain.

At the bottom of the mountain there was a service station with a crane. They used it every couple of months to go up the long road to go winch an RV off the side of the mountain when it hit a switchback while pointing nearly straight down :smiley:

1 Like

Hey 1204CNC, about your CARRVE bike mounts…
I’m intrigued, but can’t figure out how a bike attaches to this mount. Do you have a photo showing the finished set up? Thanks.

Hey Mate, I can get some for you for sure. The tire slips in-between the two large tabs and a buckle strap wraps around the rim and the two slots on the tabs keeping it tight. We’ve been mounting the rear wheel in as the front had too much flex from the steering.

Have been toying with this for a while. Looked at Certiflat and the Arc Weld tables but could no justify cost but then I thought, thats why I have a Crossfire. Same construction as Certiflat (tab and slot). Made to cut on original cfxl 23.5x32) with no indexing but could nest 2 together for bigger table or modify drawings for pro. Height set to fit under my workbench. .010 flat diagonally which is better than I have ever welded on before. Total cost under $200.00.Reaming 250 holes took about an hour including cooling tool. I am posting drawings on fireshare in a while.

assembled

7 Likes

Nice Job! I need to model one off yours.

I finally got around to cutting out and installing the deep snow kit for my kitty cat. Too bad the engine decided to lose compression :roll_eyes:

14gauge steel
over 219 pierces
over 27 minutes actual cut time
30" x 30"
Done in Inkscape, completely hand drawn by myself off a picture…not a pattern that I bought
about 35 hours to draw…great learning experience
a slight antique finish with vinegar…salt…peroxide

it is a Ram II,
Early Model tank
A Canadian Tank made in WWII in Montreal Canada.

special piece some one asked me to do…

12 Likes

Very nice indeed :+1:

1 Like

Wow! Very nice!

Ebay DXF file for a bud of a bud… Quick one this past weekend…

Only question now is “how to finish” ??

Thoughts?

2 Likes