IHS contact plates inside z axis

Bc well I thought it was because it turns the air on ?

If it turns the air on, it should fire. What is your air pressure set at?

I have it at the max 45

No. The max amps is 45. The air pressure should be at least 90 psi going to the machine and at least 60 on the gauge on the front of the machine. It won’t fire at 45 psi

1 Like

So I filled it up and got it to fire manually by putting a wire in the torch on and off cord

What do you mean by “filled it up”?

If it fires by shorting the cable, it should fire from Firecontrol.

Filled up the tank , and no nothing happens when I try it manually from fire control

It’s difficult trying to help you when you don’t give a full explanation of what’s happening.

Before, you said that the air flows when you hit the manual Torch fire button in Firecontrol and now you say “nothing happens”. Is air flowing when you hit the button or is nothing happening?

The same signal that starts the air flow is what starts the arc. If the plug is fully pushed into the touch on/off port on the front of the electronics enclosure on the table leg, it should fire.

It doesn’t make any sense that the Torch would fire when you short the connector, but only air flows when triggered from Firecontrol.

Again, the air pressure needs to be set high enough to fire the Torch. It fires by air blowing the electrode back to strike the arc. If there is not enough pressure, the electrode doesn’t blow back and you just get air flowing.

1 Like

My apologies,

So when I try to fire it manually from fire control nothing happens. Not even air.

When I shorted the torch on/off cord by sticking a pin in it and touch the outside I got my plasma to fire :+1:t4:, so I know that nothing it wrong with the plasma

Hope that makes better sense

1 Like

Much better, thanks. Confirming that your cable is plugged in here.

Do you hear the relay click, when you hit the Torch fire button in Firecontrol?

1 Like

Yes my looks the same , and no I don’t hear any click

My relay is brand new and there is no indication that it is bad because the LED red light that tells you the relay is bad is not on

I honestly think it has something to do with the torch on/off wire itself

The wire is fine, since it fires when you short the connector.

If the relay doesn’t click, the problem is somewhere between the main board and the relay. The relay does the same thing as shorting the connector. When it gets the signal, it closes two contacts to complete the circuit between the two wires in the cable.

1 Like

There’s two LED lights flashing yellow, and the THC has a red light on top.

Does this mean anything ?

Those probably just indicate that they are getting power. You should be talking to Langmuir support about why your relay isn’t working

Yes I am but they take forever,

I finally got it to run for 1 sec untill it shut off and I got the red light indicator under the relay ! I don’t know why I got another bad relay ! I waited two weeks ! This is ridiculous @langmuir-reilly @langmuir-cameron @langmuir-aksel

Unlikely you got a second bad relay, uninstall and reinstall relay making sure it seats all the way in place. Check to make sure your torch fire cable is pushed all the way into control panel port.

2 Likes

Finally got my plasma to run and made my first cut, problem now is that it only makes one cut and doesn’t want to turn on again , if I give it a 20 min rest and come back it’ll work. What could be the problem?

“Doesn’t want to turn on again”. Does that mean the power to the plasma goes off or it won’t fire the Torch?

What pierce delay do you have set in the cut file? Firecontrol makes the first delay longer, for some unknown reason, so it may fire the first time and fail on the next if the delay is too short.

When you say it cut once, is that the Torch fired once or you were able to cut a whole piece and not the next one?

1 Like

On mine it was the pressure wasnt high enough and the wire coming from the torch on/off wasnt directly i to the front of the plasma cutter (because i plugged it into the little black box instead of the front of the cutter) and the wires on my z axis were wired backwards so down was up and up was down but i fixed all that with talking to dome helpful ppl on here

2 Likes

We are always glad to see someone resolve their problems but it seems often that people asking for help with their issues omit coming back to share how everything worked out. [On the thread/topic where your question was asked and answered]

This sharing of ideas and what worked and didn’t work, makes the whole experience more helpful.