IHS contact plates inside z axis

Nope nothing

Power off and open the electronics enclosure. Make sure the relay is firmly seated on the board, they’ve been known to work loose. Try it again. If it still won’t click then most likely your relay has crapped out. Contact Langmuir support about getting a replacement.

2 Likes

Take the cover of the control box and check to see if this really is fully seated on the board.

4 Likes

yes the instructions made it clear to push firmly on the relay to make sure its locked in, this set up is brand new and i only see it fire once for a quick sec.

1 Like

If that black relay is properly seated on the board and it doesn’t click when you hit the manual Torch fire button, the relay is bad. Submit a support ticket to Langmuir and they should send out a new one.

i just find it hard to believe its bad because its a brand new set up right out the box i haven’t even got the chance to see it turn on @langmuirsystems

A significant number of failures of electronic components are very early failures. This is mostly due to manufacturing defects of the components. Even 100% testing doesn’t get it all. Bad solder joint may work 5 times and then finally vibrate loose.

The good news is that Langmuir has excellent support and will fix these problems.

3 Likes

So for some reason now it’s clicking when I try to manually fire it , I gave it some time and now I’m hearing a click on the relay, still no fire

Do you have the torch on/off cable plugged into the electronics control box where is says “torch on/off”? A number of people have mistakenly thought that it was supposed to be plugged into the VIM box(the small plastic box)

So support told me that if the red LED was on under the relay then that means it’s bad they have sent another one , kinda upset . I haven’t even used my table yet

Mine doesnt fire either it lifts the torch to the highest point and then throws a code about IHS

I havent got my bran new out of the box one to fire yet either! I have to send my plasma razorcut 45 back to them to check out and hopefully will get this damn thing to start cutting metal

Ds690 are you saying that the little black plastic box for the div output box shouldnt be plugged in and i should just run that cable to the torch fire on the control box where that relay is housed at??

It’s possible that the contact plates inside the z axis are not in the right place , mine were very lose to the point that they weren’t on track

The torch on/off cable should never be plugged into the VIM. The only cables that plug into the VIM are the divided or raw voltage from the plasma cutter and the divided voltage or PV out(if using raw voltage) to the THC port on the control box.

The torch on/off cable goes directly from the plasma cutter to the torch on/off port on the electronics enclosure that is attached to the table leg.

3 Likes

Just got my new relay in and I still can’t get my torch to fire !!

Got my new relay in and I still can’t get my torch to fire , they plasma is getting the single but I can get it to spark

How do you know the plasma is getting the signal?

Is your air turned on?

Yes air is turned on

Ok. How do you know the signal is getting to the plasma cutter?