IHS contact plates inside z axis

No the plasma does not shut off the torch does , maybe I’m not setting the pierce delay the correct way because I have tried .5,1, And even 1.5 all the same fault

The torch fires on first cut then jogs to next cut on same piece and the z axis jogs all the way down touching the metal and the jog doesn’t stop until I get the IHS fault and it does not fire

I had this problem, it was the female port that torch fire cable plugs into in the electronics box. Got one replaced and has been ok since. I’ve seen where other people bend the post inside the female end a tiny bit and solve this problem also but I’m sure it’s not recommended lol

1 Like

Yes explains why support told me to test that part to see if it’s reading right

So what i did to make my first cut cut was uo in the right hand corner turn off the ihs i think thats what it is! Its the second green tab beside where it says machine therss a little x that closed it and boom it cut a ready to cut file

Jog your torch down until it almost touches the metal and take a picture of the whole Z axis area. I want to make sure that your torch is mounted correctly.

OMG!!!..

you have a serious issue right there…you are using a hand torch holder with a machine torch…

you are going to destroy that torch!!!.

then tension on the tip of that torch will ruin it…you need a machine torch holder…

4 Likes

That’s not a great idea to mount a machine torch with that mount, but it’s probably not the reason for the IHS fail.

Why are the rails rusty? When you jog the Z axis up and down, does it move smoothly or does it hang up on the way down?

2 Likes

Yes I just got the torch holder in took a month after I got the table -__- I’m going to install it

Yes everything runs smooth, the rails rusted a day after I put the table up :hot_face: