I am struglining to get my torch to fire Crossfire pro with razorweld 45 (Solved)

Yes tecmo. you need to open the cutter up and turn the air up you need 70ish while cutting. 65 to 70 anyway.

You pm me your address I will mail you one electrode and nozzle for cost and shipping if you want to troubleshoot before you buy

1 Like

Get the correct consumables from George. Turn up the air pressure to 75 psi. It is excellent that the torch electrode is springing back. We are just spinning our wheels till you get the correct parts.
We are on the right track. It would help if you had spare parts anyway. 45 psi is way too low…

3 Likes

I have some of George’s finest willing share to one set for troubleshooting

3 Likes

Ok sounds good thanks for all your help guys. I have already orders consumables from langumires web sight but they didn’t give me a ship date. I guess ill be cutting parts with a cut off wheel for this next project :laughing:. Ill adjust the psi to 65 and keep in contact and give it another go when the consumables arrive.

2 Likes

Take the cover off hit the air button then adjust it while the air is running

2 Likes

Got it thanks. I will do that now.

2 Likes

When I turned the adjustment nob inside my razor weld, It only adjust the holding pressure not the cut pressure.

Do you not have sufficient air coming from your air compressor itself?

Enough CFM to maintain the pressure needed for your plasma cutter?

After messing with my adjustment knob inside the razor world, I realized my cut pressure would not adjust. I pulled the bowl off of the regulator and found a piece of thread tape inside. I cleaned it out and the filter.And now it cuts it around 60 to 61P.S I. Now my arc problem has gone away… it will fire the hypertherm consumables i recently purchased.

4 Likes

Good news! Just future reference for getting your money’s worth on consumables. The best service I got was from the consumables George sales… This was not a paid advertisement.:rofl:

1 Like

Could you send me a link?

I have to try out his consumables one of these days.

I’ve got a full box of PrimeWeld consumables, some of Plasmadyn’s stuff, a few Hypertherm bits (still need electrodes), and I’ve got almost all of American Torch Tip Co’s stuff.

Going to run them all, taking pics at 250 pierce intervals, and collect all the info I can to figure out (in my experience) most pierces per dollar.

2 Likes

Set the air at 75 psi. Just trust us.

2 Likes

I can’t tell the exactly how long or well they will last. I upgraded my plasma about the time I went hard core on air drying. On my rw45 they was the best I used.

Razorweld’s are known for bad regulators. If it will not adjust so you will get 70 to 75 psi with air flowing you need to remove it. Put a good one on the rear of the plasma cutter or inline as close to the plasma cutter as you can to adjust the air.

6 Likes

Oh man, I can tell you exactly how many pierces I get on the consumables I use.

No refrigerated setup, and only desiccant beads, coalescing filter, and motorguard.

800-850 pierces average per electrode.

And for good quality (before it starts to drop or cause slight beveling) 400-415 pierces per nozzle.

Going to see if I can exceed 1,000 per electrode and 500 per nozzle keeping all other things equal.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t want to use my plasma for CNC and not know the average pierce life my consumables are getting.

That was starting out I didn’t have the best drying setup. I switched to a hypertherm put a good drying system in. The last long run I did burning 1/4 I had over 3 hours of arc time and around 1300 pierces.
I really don’t keep track of them I less I am doing long runs and new consumables. I have gained enough confidence in my setup I change them when I feel they are ready or when I am starting a high paying job.
As far as dryer setup goes the area you live in will dictate what is necessary.

2 Likes

Geographic location absolutely has an impact of air drying needs for sure, which is why I can get away with my setup I’m using.

I was just referring to pierce counts in general.

Like you, if I have a big paying job I say fuck it and swap them out. But if I’m cutting a ton of stuff over the next few days, that’s where I’m tracking my pierces on Firecontrol before I swap and reset.

I expect Hypertherm to be in the 1k+ for sure if you’re running say an XP model. Even more for Sync models.

It’s aluminum that really wrecks them right away.

My friend is always keeping me up to date on his pierce counts on his regular tips as well as fine top on his 65Sync.

3 Likes

What numbers does he see? Thought about weighing odds of buying a adapter.