How Many Are Pre-Ordering The MR-1 Today? (4/26/22)

Hay all,

Trying to gauge the pre-orders on the MR1. For our intended internal use of making jigs and tooling, it seems to be a good option.

I think the big obstacle is the design software learning curve for most. Much different than dxf files.

I’m placing an order. Machine plus 5k in extras. Super excited for this. Been waiting a long time for a machine to come out that fits my needs like this one

2 Likes

I think everyone is just going to sit back and wait for the newer model to come. More HP ER32 collets. More height… Just like the first plasma table had little or nothing. Then the pro a few months later No more Mach 3 . and bigger table and torch height control. Same will apply here.

1 Like

I’m very tempted. The z height and the collets are the main thing holding me back. I to would like to see what they come out with next. My work should be receiving a proto trak mill this september which I can play with.

1 Like

So I’m just spitballing here, but why couldn’t you machine riser blocks for each side to extend the height if required?

2 Likes

You’d need a longer drive screw also, and the ability to modify the limits of travel in software (still unknown at this time) if it has soft limits.

1 Like

Any future versions will be $1000+ more than the first version for sure.

I’m not sure where you found that “history” but it’s simply not true.

Many of us bought the original Crossfire and used it quite effectively for a year before the XL upgrade came out (increased the OG’s table size slightly). We then used our upgraded OG/XLs for almost another year before the Pro arrived on my doorstep.

My Pro can’t do anything fundamentally different from my OG (which I still have) - it just does things easier as I don’t have to index large cuts across a sheet or manage material warping manually.

2 Likes

I’m ordering one today if I can get through… Wish me luck!!! $8500 with all the stuff… Sure hope it all its cracked up to be?

3 Likes

Got one coming. #40884

3 Likes

Order # Order #41072

wonder what order number they started with…40000?

Oooof. Gonn assume that means 70+ people in front of you.

I raced through trying to get info olaced but not having any past orders to click on to speed up my payment it put me about 70 spots behind you.

So atleast 150 people ordered if we started at 41000 for order numbers.

1 Like

Order # 40884. Estimated ship date Aug 29th

2 Likes

It will for sure. This one is a deal for what it can do though.

1 Like

Just need to find a place for it now… shuffle a few things around…

2 Likes

I’ve been trying since it opened and can’t get a payment screen.

Order numbers are not machine specific. Order replacement slats for a plasma table and that is a new order number.

1 Like

Im 40933 and date is same as yours. Aug 15 thru 29

Order #41451 confirmed.I had to back completely out of the store and reopen to get it to accept my deposit.