How do i fix this serious problem

fire control issues - YouTube
this guy had the same problem 2 YEARS ago and I’m having the same issues this week on a new build. machine fires good, THC is fine and cuts great in a 2 inch line. comments are turned off on the video so i dont know if or how he fixed it. Thanks in advance

well…welcome to the forum…that guy is me…yup…good old toolboy …I posted that video…

SO you came to the right place for answers…

first…what type of plasma cutter are you using with the table?
is your table Pro or the OG table?
do you have THC Z axis control…

if you click on my avatar/little guy beside my name…you will see it is me…

1 Like

well hello there, lol. it IS you…
im using the razor weld 45…
the pro table…
thc z axis control active…
running compatibility version of firecontrol…
ive been loading and reloading programs and i just want this fixed.
so how did you do it??

OK…I asked about your plasma cutter just to make sure you have a compliant one…
and you seem to have all the right stuff…
so in the post linked below are a couple of things to check…
run through the post slowly and check what they are asking to check.

in the end for me it turned out I had a faulty control board…but you need to check all this first.

1 Like

The THC is working fine, i did a 2 inch straight line test and that all works and i did the voltage test through firecontrol and it all came back good. im waiting to hear from support and now i hope i dont have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get this figured out…

yup…might as well do the tests and mark down the results…do each and every step…
this way when they ask the questions you will have the answers.

With 2 years+ of experience on the table and participating on the forum and facebook…I know that in order for Langmuir to rule out other issues…they will need these readings and tests…it gives them information to solve your problem quickly.

It will also teach you what to look for in the future and how to troubleshoot issues…because believe me plasma cutting is NOT 100% perfect all the time…

I do not want to discourage you…or make you feel I am not helping…but I know what is needed to diagnose issues.

I was one of the first people who ordered the Pro…I even ordered it while on vacation on a bus in the middle of the desert in Jordan…I got my table before COVID hit…so I had the early problems and I never had a CNC plasma table before…

4 Likes

i understand , what i dont understand is the lack of a phone number for technical service and a slow response to my email sent to support…as of now i have a $4000.00 boat anchor…

well…phone support is offered on the XR model…
as for the Pro it is a great table and if you wanted phone support you could have paid $15k for a table that offered that.
email support is usually very good…1 to 2 business days…

I understand your frustration…I really do…I went through it when I got my table…and so did many other people in the first batches of tables released…langmuir sent out hundreds of tables right at the beginning of COVID…and a lot of small problems were found with sooo many new testers out there in such a short time.

If you have done all the tests and are ready for their fist reply…it will get fixed…

1 Like

The operative word in @toolboy’s post is ‘business’ hours. Their support is primarily M-F. US PST Have a problem on the weekend? You can often times reply on the forum although even here it’s relatively quiet on weekends,

3 Likes