Fusion cheat sheet for beginners, need help

I am trying to make a cheat sheet for beginners using fusion.
This will be to help them learn what some of these setting should be to get started.
I want this to be fairly basic. I have some of this filled out and need help with the rest.

Give me your opinions on what you think. What you think is good and what you think needs changing and anything else to make this better.
Keep in mind this also has to make sense to a beginner!

This is the 2D profile menu settings
2d profile settings.pdf (293.0 KB)

5 Likes

This is a great Idea!

I would include a table with all the hot keys. That is what I used most when I was learning REVIT.

1 Like

I could do that but I am trying to stay with just the 2d profile menu. I found finding answers for these setting was not easy. ( at least that made sense)
I will say learning the hot keys for me was helpful.

1 Like

Learning the hot keys is a huge benefit. the biggest key that people overlook using is the escape key. (esc). The escape key is almost the most useful key on the keyboard in Fusion 360.

I’ll try to find it but I did make a basic hotkey list and posted it to the site once.

3 Likes

Here is the Fusion Hot Key Guide

Fusion 360 Hotkey Guide.pdf (235.8 KB)

2 Likes

Mike Festiva on youtube has a good beginners tutorial series of 3 videos.

2 Likes

Very good Series, But its all on the CAD side. I am working with the 2d profile settings on the CAM side

1 Like

Can anyone take a few mins and give some input for this? I would like to finish it and post it for other newbies!

1 Like

I am going to run a live stream in about 15 minutes. ( 6 am pst ) I 'll show a few CAM items I have recently been playing with that will help out everyones work flow.

edit :starting now 5:50am pst

3 Likes

Link? Where? YouTube… Instagram?

I am looking in your profile and don’t see any channel info… would definitely like to subscribe for future events ('cuz it feels like I’m definitely going to be too late to find THIS one) :slight_smile:

-TM

@TortillaMan Thanks for the follow on Twitch. I put a link in my profile now. I also started a youtube page too I will start re posting the twitch and my old loom content there.

3 Likes

Having these tutorials will serve me well when the time comes!! :slight_smile:

Currently in a bit of plasma table purgatory these days trying to get the rolling stand built-out and fitted with a 16G fluid tank, sheetmetal storage, and a water proof area for the PC. It’s slow going, but with any luck it will be fully welded next weekend and ready for paint.

-TM

2 Likes

Anyone Else with any CAM tips Fusion 360 that @Knick he can add to a user PDF he’s trying to create? Parameters you like to use in a certain situation, or any other types of tricks or tips or work Flow s in the CAM environment

Nice Video little fast for a old guy like me but I just re-watch or pause to get what your saying.

For this cheat sheet I want people to know the reason they are setting something a certain way.

So I thought on holes you don’t want a lead out? So tell me why you did want one please

1 Like

I like to have a small lead out on holes and all geometry (besides single
cut lines) because plasma torches don’t shut off instantly and it can leave a slight blemish at the end of the cut where the torch dwells momentarily. So if that happens to be a little bit away from where you’re finished edges then no harm is done.
That’s why I choose to put a micro lead out on holes.
The hypertherm shuts down almost instantly but there is other brands that are a little slower to shut down once it turns the arc off.

2 Likes

I like how the Twitch livestream had a keyboard and mouse image ghosted into the corners. If you pay attention you see that every keystroke and mouse-click is animated as @TinWhisperer demonstrates the techniques.

You can rewind, and forensically study every trick and tip that was shared. Pretty cool.

-TM

2 Likes

I some times find myself gazing at the avatar and not watching the video. :rofl:

1 Like

I did shrink the Avatar and increase the screen size based on your feedback from before.

If you hit the gear icon (settings) you can watch those videos at reduced speeds.

2 Likes

Thanks for quick video. Are the CAM templates stored in the document or in your cloud library?

You re welcome

I believe the templates are stored in your local library similar to the tool sets.