Fusion cheat sheet for beginners, need help

Is there an option to store them in the cloud? Seems like i read or saw that somewhere?

sounds good, thanks.

1 Like

Yes when you go to save it it’ll give you that whole file system on the left and I think it gives you several options on how to save it

2 Likes

Thought I saw you in my neck of the woods

4 Likes

Ok now I know you guys must have some input for this cheat sheet, lets hear it!!!

My hat is off to anyone that is working to make life easy so thank for doing this.

However, what might be better is a library of CAM templates that work. For example, I have CAM templates for 1/16", 1/8" and 1/4" steel using a Hypertherm 45.

Once you have them, you can cut patterns and holes of various sizes (lead in and out change with size) without setting (much) up. And the speeds and feeds are set for the metal thickness. So just select the template for metal thickness and the 2D profile and off you go.

Fusion allows templates to be exported and imported.

Nonetheless I would be happy to share, but don’t know if there is a library already someplace.

I would have attached one for you to try but this site doesn’t allow this type of file I guess.

Only bad thing is, if you always select if from a file and at some point you come across something odd, your not going to know what settings do what.

I think Cam templates are a good idea, along with the cheat sheet.
You could start a new thread under fusion cam and post them there.

1 Like

So If I was to ask you,
When and why would you choose Feed Optimization and what determines the settings you choose?

For plasma I would not use it. It is my understanding that this is for CNC milling operations (they also use the 2d profile cut) to slow down a cut in the inside corner as the tool can load up more in the corner as it contacts both walls of the corner. The smaller the tool the more it matters ie. more stress

I would love to see those, I have a Hypertherm as well the 65 but mostly cut at 45 for most gauge.

Im pretty new to this but picking things up fast, I’m past the basic cutting now and getting a better understanding of the available tweaks but not sure what they all mean yet.

Thanks for posting the pdf. It cleared up a few things for me

I am still trying to get this together. I hope to have something in the next week.