Fix for XR Drains

Awesome. Thanks I was tempted to try and make one on the lathe but wanted to try a 3d printer one first.

@ScorchedEarthMW Would love to get my hands on those dies! Looks great love the drain and fill setup you have.

I wouldn’t do the dies over again. It cracks the powder coat requiring a LOT of primer coats and the pan itself is not very flat and obviously not tapered toward a drain. Just the thin metal of a bar drain is all you’d need I think. Works way better than that stock POS. I’m using a dedicated shop vac after we empty to clean up the standing water and sludge.

This setup works amazingly well for what we’re trying to do. If the table was running full time I’d do coolant and a compressed air system to fill. Nice not having standing water and humidity in the shop until we’re ready to cut. In and out. Use one of those magnetic wants with the internal, retracting magnet. Shop vac for 5 minutes. Easy clean.

1 Like

I’m using the pro table. No coating.

Well then. Better use case. I’ll PM you.

We did the 4 sink drains and it works good without dimpling. That being said have had some sealing issues and needed to run std. plumbers putty on 1 of them them (and the 2nd may need attention small drips) so that keeps them up a touch higher . It still drains good without dimpling. Pan gets nasty either way .Pull some slats and clean as needed. The meta/slag is heavier than the water so if you let it sit a bit then drain to barrels most of the heavy cud is in the bottom of the pan .

2 Likes

Decided to offer the dimple die to anyone who wants to use it. Please respond to this thread to request being next in line.

While I think using the dimple die on the XR is optional, it would be a really good solution on the SS pans of the other Langmuir tables.

Normal size kitchen sink drain not dimpled. Drains are fitted with fine mesh stainless screen.

4 Likes

So I ended up using these dies for the pro and they worked beautifully.

I am ready to send them to the next person that needs them.

6 Likes

looks good!

Glad they worked for you @JHanna80! Better option on the stainless steel pans since they won’t crack the powder coating on the XR.

Looks awesome, i would love to dimple my pro i just got how do i go about getting in line for ones that are going around, thanks for all the great information.

@mownelly Well you are the first that I know about that has spoken up wanting them(that I know about)

@ScorchedEarthMW has asked that we start a chain with these. I will PM you and we can set up shipping. All we ask is for you to pay to ship and I will send them out when I get back from Hunting (Wednesday the 21s.) When you are done with the dies, we ask that you do the same for the next guy.

Sounds great, what size drain works with this die and i will pick 2 up today. Thank you for the help.
Cant wait to get cutting.

The bar drains available at Lowe’s/Home Depot. Flange size is about 3".

Thank you!

who is next on the dimple die list?, I am all done with it and it worked excellent thank you very much!

1 Like

Glad the die is working for everyone!

I’m maintaining a dimple die distribution list here

Ok so when i send them out i update the list? Sorry new to forums