Fix for XR Drains

Glad they worked for you @JHanna80! Better option on the stainless steel pans since they won’t crack the powder coating on the XR.

Looks awesome, i would love to dimple my pro i just got how do i go about getting in line for ones that are going around, thanks for all the great information.

@mownelly Well you are the first that I know about that has spoken up wanting them(that I know about)

@ScorchedEarthMW has asked that we start a chain with these. I will PM you and we can set up shipping. All we ask is for you to pay to ship and I will send them out when I get back from Hunting (Wednesday the 21s.) When you are done with the dies, we ask that you do the same for the next guy.

Sounds great, what size drain works with this die and i will pick 2 up today. Thank you for the help.
Cant wait to get cutting.

The bar drains available at Lowe’s/Home Depot. Flange size is about 3".

Thank you!

who is next on the dimple die list?, I am all done with it and it worked excellent thank you very much!

1 Like

Glad the die is working for everyone!

I’m maintaining a dimple die distribution list here

Ok so when i send them out i update the list? Sorry new to forums

I’ll keep the list updated. Just overcommunicate status - when you send it to the next person. Would be nice for the recipients to indicate when they are done and the die is available. Hoping the honor system works.

1 Like

Tracking # has been sent to @Jthoma930. Thank you again @ScorchedEarthMW for lending these out. They worked great and compliment the bar sink drains from lowes nicely.

1 Like

I followed your example on the XR table drains. It was pretty handy to cut neat, perfectly round holes with the XR. I hope to get it plumbed in this weekend.

1 Like

There is a list. If you still want it. Linked on this thread.

I made my own die on the plasma table by cutting some circles and rings out of 3/16 steel, stacking them and welding them together. Worked out good.

3 Likes

I’m ready for the dies if they’re still available?

I decided to do the install without the Dimple Die. It’s definitely lower than the factory drains…I like the result. I want to thank you for the offer of the dies, there should be more people like you that are willing to take the time to go out of their way like you did! Again, Thanks!!

3 Likes

It’s awesome to see your creative solution to the XR drain issue. Sometimes, DIY ingenuity can make life a lot easier, especially for weekend warriors like you.

1 Like

Hey @Forevergem …can you clearly explain why you have foundation leaks on a forum for plasma cutters…

interested in what you have to say …

Really, new user unable to upload any attachments. :rofl:
My buddy just set up his pans on his XR and we used a 3D printed dimple Die set up for 1 7/8" bar drains.
Anyone looking to do the same email me and we’ll send you the 45mm hole saw and the dimple dies and the washers, bolt and nut you’ll need for your project, JUST PASS THE KIT ALONG WHEN YOUR DONE TO THE NEXT PERSON LOOKING TO DO THE SAME MODIFICATION.

Check out the Thingiverse link if you might be interested.

pedallingfool@hotmail.com