Fix for my corner cuts

I’m cutting some molle panels and the cut starts inside but when it does it’s initial 90 it seems to over cut just a we bit…

Razor weld 45
(2) 175 psi compressors set at 80

Running at 20 amps using .040 aluminum

I figured out a bunch of other issues I still have to fix like thc firmware upgrade, it likes to travel to high on some of the returns. I need to open the razor and change the psi at the cutter.

Is this just a setting in the post processing?

What program are you using to create g code/

1 Like

May you post your *.F3D, *.NC and/or *.TAP file so we may look at the code.

Also some sheetshots of your parameters in sheetCAM if you are using for CAM software.

Lol beat me to it.

1 Like

@McLawsCustoms welcome to the forums

That will be a first Tin…

2 Likes

Using fusion 360

Thank you Tin, its good to be here.
I know I have a lot to learn here but so far im loving it.

This is the final product, so cuts are going good like i said earlier still flushing out the kinks.

I would show more but idk how this site feels about seeing firearms

2 Likes

Untitle 2
Untitled 1
Untitled 3

Your cut height seems very low. .06" a “normal” height.

Also no lead out is going to cause a divot in a lot of cases.

It also might be a case of how the toolpaths are being selected but I could see that with the f3d file.

1 Like

I had alot of issues with this cut having to do with the thc I mentioned above

Molle 17x47 sides v27.f3d (569.1 KB)

this next one was the top. I had only 1 issue with the top outside of leaving a divot as you called it on the stars and a B was oddly cut.

Molle 18x24 top v24.f3d (1.2 MB)

Why not add a little radius to the molle holes, like 1/8 inch or so? That will prevent the slight over it for sure. Also watch for deflection of the workpiece. Those tiny imperfections aren’t always in the settings or tool path.

If this is a file you’re going to be cutting a lot and you want it perfect, it would benefit you to manually designate start points and lead out types.

Most of my work are one offs, and I just leave my sheet cam toolset at 1/8 inch arc lead in and out. I rarely end up with dents.

1 Like

Watch which side of the line the toolpath is on with those letters. That surely looks like the 2 “T”'s and part of one “B” was cut with an outside offset, which is why they are larger than the rest of the letters.

A lot of times when people think the divots are from the lead in, they are actually from the torch shutting off at the end of the cut. A lead out will help with that issue.

1 Like

Did you make the CAM for the 1776 panel with F360? I do not see any manufacturing data in the F3D file.

As for the Small molle panel pictured above the manufacturing data was included.

The screen above was not the parameters shown in the file . here is a screenshot of the information of Profile2 . I feel that your lead in and out is very small and close to the next 90 deg corner so its cutting in.

The picture above must also be the back side of the cut?

Awesome, I will be addressing both points

On the T and B the arrow would only be on the outside left or the right it would never adjust itself inside….

Lead out an 1/8 of an inch I’ll try that and I always figured it was the initial 90 into the start of the cut but I can see it at the end now.

I’ll try these fixes tomorrow when I start my next piece.

The 1776 one was one I purchased a year ago before I actually started playing with the software.

So the cam was create in SheetCAM for the 1776?

Another tip. Try to extrude the sketch geometry into a body before moving into the manufacturing workspace. This will vastly simplify the toolpath selection process and eliminate the “which side is the arrow on?” issue.

Oh wow, ok… never would have thought that would help. Omg you guys are awesome

No divots! Thanks Tim you are the man!

2 Likes

Lol stupid Siri, thanks Tin!

1 Like