FireControl 20.6 Now Available - Release Notes

I did a major cut yesterday…17 minutes of cutting…paused 3 times…no problem for me

1 Like

I did not DL the newest release bc I didn’t want to risk anything at this point. My 20.6 you sent me is working fine, minus that glitch. Which like I said, once I get one lost arc error, after that run is over I restart FC so the pause works as normal.

1 Like

Ya I can pause as many times as I need until a lost arc error shows up, I get them bc of a misfire. So after that the lost arc window pops up and says retry or cancel every time I hit pause. Unless I resart FC that will go away until next lost arc comes up. This all started happening back on 20.5. But now if you hit cancel, it will restart the whole run, if you hit recut it will delete everything that was already cut and it will let you start over. I know LM is or did fix this.
The peeve for me is I pause alot during the day to catch certain parts, so even hitting one extra button to close out a pop up window gets annoying. But the glitch got worse as I can’t even hit cancel, without it restarting the whole run. I have the 20.6 version they sent me which differs from the 20.6 everyone got off the site and now 20.6.1 is out. I just didn’t want to put that on my system yet bc Iv been having really good days cutting with this version and since I fixed my X axis coupling I have had some good days.

1 Like

Im going to try the 20.6.1 download, I just noticed today I can’t rotate anything either. Iv had zero issues during cutting however. Unless you for see any other updates by next week, let me know, I plan to update next week.

1 Like

@langmuirsystems ever since I have updated to the most recent version I keep getting the following error

. Any idea what could be happening here? This is the first issue I have had.

Thank you,
Andrew

Have you already seen the troubleshooting guide for this issue? If not, you can find it here:

forum.langmuirsystems.com/t/torch-not-firing-troubleshooting-guide/1936

If you notice anything out of the ordinary after following along with the troubleshooting guide, reach out to support@langmuirsystems.com and let them know what your voltage reading was at which step, we can help you from there!

Is that guide still applicable if you aren’t using Mach 3? I am using Fusion 360. It has been working find for months, and I have cut hundreds of parts.

Thank you,
Andrew

My bad, I completely copy/pasted the wrong link. Here is the one I meant to send:

forum.langmuirsystems.com/t/ls-thc-arc-voltage-troubleshooting-guide/8193

2 Likes

Me too I’ve sent numerous emails and photos videos tested ports with a voltmeter etc etc etc. It’s beyond frustrating to have spent all this money and not having a reliable plasma cutter it’s been one issue over and over . Langmuir points to razor cut I sent it there they repaired it “allegedly “ then I email Langmuir endlessly and all they say is try our troubleshooting guide over and over. I’ve even been on the phone with them and the errors just keep going . Complete crap in my opinion.

1 Like

I have had my pro table since the first batch and it honestly has ran great. This is really the first issue that has stopped my table from working. I am running a Everlast Power Plasma 50S and I think a majority of my issues is with the torch itself.

Hi @bp4511 and @TNspeed

The FireControl 20.6 update is not causing your system to suddenly stop working. Instead we made changes to the THC firmware so that it would catch issues with reported voltage from the THC module and pop warnings in FireControl telling you to fix these errors. The THC system is complex and everything needs to be hooked up properly and programs need to be crated correctly in order for the system to work. For example, in @TNspeed screenshot below I can see that a SmartVoltage of 10.6V was set. This is far too low for cutting voltage and indicates a larger problem and this is why the warning was thrown. If you were to keep scrolling down to item number 3 in the error it would indicate what the issue is. I would suggest for you to run the new THC TEST feature and look at the results. You are getting a ground loop between your USB Ground and the plasma work cable. Sometimes this can happen with a desktop computer with a noisy power supply but more than likely it is due to the ground on the white motion control board touching the enclosure. When did you order your machine? We started shipping them in February with a plastic isolator bracket to fix this issue. I bet if you were to remove the 3 screws holding your enclosure box onto the leg and prop it upon something so that it is not touching the leg and you repeat the Voltage test you will see live voltage readings in the 100-140V range. If this fixes your issue please send us an email and we’ll get that isolator bracket out to you ASAP! If removing this box still does not return your voltages to normal you willl need a voltage isolator and you can get one from us.

@bp4511 can you click the Red TEST button in the THC menu and perform this test for us and then attach the results here so that we can review it? We are always here to help and want to get you cutting !

I promise we don’t put in these annoying warnings to make our customers lives miserable! Everything we try to do with the warnings and testing module is to help people fix their systems so that they can get the absolute best cutting performance.

3 Likes

I disconnected the Langmuir control box from frame and updated to 20.6.1 and now the torch won’t fire when I use this test feature. It worked before I did all this .

this was taken with the power disconnected except the usb cable. i disconnected usb power to check relay

@bp4511 are you hearing the relay click when you command the torch to fire? If you are and the torch is not firing I suspect something in your wiring to the plasma cutter has come loose and you will need to inspect and fix that first. Then you can run the THC test.

Yes the relay sounds when I manually Fire it. Is there a way for me to test the 50:1 port without a straight line cut since I’m not able to fire it through FC? This plasma cutter has been back to razor cut once already with not even a total of an hour cut time on it . If I get a helper to manually fire the torch trigger is there a way to measure if the 50:1 port is bad? I have a multimeter . Hope all that makes sense .

please send me the isolator bracket i just purchased a hypertherm powermax45 I’m done troubleshooting this cutter.

1 Like

I’m having issues with shortcut keys, in particular the TAB key as I use it the most. I’ve installed 20.6.1 and it is still acting up. If I close and reopen fire control, the TAB key works again and then stops working after a cut. There was a 50/50 chance of getting it to work again by manually switching between continuous and the different increments.

@langmuir-mike I removed the controller from the table leg and I ran the THC test, but I am still having the same issue where I get the “Plasma Cutting Arc Voltage Was Lost During Cut Loop” error. Is there any way to revert back to 20.5 and see if that works?

Currently I am having to cut the the THC off, and it is cutting less then optimal.

I have cut hundreds of pieces and have had zero issues until the most recent update, and nothing has changed with my setup.

What are you seeing for live voltage during the cut?