Whats NEW in 20.6
Langmuir Systems is excited to launch the next version of FireControl. Our team has worked hard on this update in close contact with members of the community to make this the most reliable and new-user friendly version yet. FireControl 20.6 includes many bug fixes, enhancements particularly centered around performance and resource usage, as well as a number of really cool features we’re excited about.
- Drastically reduced resource usage - FireControl 20.6 uses much less memory and CPU than previous versions. Run FireControl on less performant computers with less freezing. This version also performs much better with dense G-code programs.
- Line Select in Visualizer - Hover over a line in the visualizer and click it to highlight the associated line of G-code.
- Patterning - Multiply your part in an organized fashion directly in FireControl
- THC Test Wizard - Helps diagnose common THC issues with an easy step-by-step wizard by dry firing your torch.
- Cursor Work Position - Visualizer shows location of mouse cursor in your workspace.
- UI Scaling - Automatically scales for fitting all UI elements on smaller screens.
- Revert Program - Allows for easy way to go back to the unaltered version of the program.
- Progress Indicator - Progress bar shown across the top of the visualizer.
- Connection Help - Help troubleshooting connection issues allowing re-flashing of firmware.
This release also includes the latest LS-THC firmware (v1.10) which includes messaging updates for Arc Voltage Not Detected errors to help users resolve these issues quickly. The core algorithm remains unchanged from v1.09.
Our team is still working on a fix for in connections MacOS 11 and will release a hotfix release whenever that is ready.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or post your comments here.