After months of hard work by our software team we are pleased to announce the release of our newest version of FireControl 20.5. This version of FireControl is more stable than our previous releases and includes many new features; see the list below for what’s new in the 20.5 release.
As always, we love hearing your feedback so please let us know if you encounter any issues with this 20.5 software and also let us know if there are any new features that you would like to see included in our next release of FireControl.
You can find the latest FireControl software for download by clicking here.
Whats NEW in 20.5
FireControl version 20.5 has a number of bug fixes, user suggested features, and other improvements.
- NEW ‘Run from Line or Loop’ - Start Programs from anywhere including in the middle of a cut. Highlight a G-Code line in the G-Code viewer and the cut path will show in green on the visualizer above. Then choose to run from ‘Line’ to run from that exact line in the program (with IHS and THC support) or ‘Loop’ to start from the beginning of that entire cut loop.
- NEW ‘Set Program Origin’ - Set the Zero point of any program, including rotated and scaled! Click the ‘Set Program Origin’ button and 5 origin options will appear in the visualizer at the corners of the extents of the program and at the center of the program. Click on one of these options and the program will be re-created with that origin point.
- NEW ‘Dry Run’ - Toggle off torch firing, IHS, and THC moves made by the controller to test a program only in X and Y.
- NEW Firmware Update - Update your Machine and THC firmware directly from FireControl to stay up to date with the latest versions.
- Support for Autodesk Fusion 360’s October 1, 2020 personal use limitations.
- Improved Scale and Rotate functionality that can be used with the new Set Program Origin feature.
- Splash screen to prevent duplicate loading.
- Bulletin System (you are currently viewing) for improved communication of updates or critical fixes.
- Improved error handling for graphics support.
- Bug Fixes and improved stability.
As always, if you have any questions or comments, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org