Fire control says no feed speed (SOLVED)

So this is my first try at cutting some holes. When I tried I got a error that there was no feed speed in fire control.
I ran the simulator in fusion and it looked ok and no problems I could see.
Not sure what I did wrong, as this is the first time I have tried to cut something I made.
must be when I did the post I did something wrong.

Here is the NC file

(v1.6-af)
G90 G94
G17
G20
H0

(2D Profile4)
G0 X3.5852 Y2.475
G92 Z0.
G38.2 Z-5. F100.
G38.4 Z0.5 F20.
G92 Z0.
G0 Z0.04 (IHS Springback + Backlash)
G92 Z0.
G0 Z0.15 (Pierce Height)
M3
G4 P0.7
G0 Z0.063 (Cut Height)
H1
G1 X3.6285 Y2.5 F40.
G3 X3.3715 I-0.1285 J0. F25.
G3 X3.6285 I0.1285 J0.
H0
M5
G0 Z1.

G0 X4.7727 Y2.475
G92 Z0.
G38.2 Z-5. F100.
G38.4 Z0.5 F20.
G92 Z0.
G92 Z0.
G0 Z0.15 (Pierce Height)
M3
G4 P0.7
G0 Z0.063 (Cut Height)
H1
G1 X4.816 Y2.5 F40.
G3 X4.184 I-0.316 J0. F25.
G3 X4.816 I0.316 J0.
H0
M5
G0 Z1.

G0 X5.4148 Y2.525
G92 Z0.
G38.2 Z-5. F100.
G38.4 Z0.5 F20.
G92 Z0.
G92 Z0.
G0 Z0.15 (Pierce Height)
M3
G4 P0.7
G0 Z0.063 (Cut Height)
H1
G1 X5.3715 Y2.5 F40.
G3 X6.1285 I0.3785 J0. F25.
G3 X5.3715 I-0.3785 J0.
H0
M5
G0 Z1.

M30
(PS0)

I tried the file again, it is not add a program speed and I am not sure why? doing some investigating now.

Yep there is a problem with post processing when adding feed rate optimization.

with out feed rate optimization it works fine and it posts a program speed of 40

with feed rate optimization is posts program speed of 0

@langmuir-daniel did fusion new update somehow mess with the post processing?

it seems that if the length of reduced feed rate is longer standard feed rate it posts the program speed as zero ?

@Knick since almost all of this program would run at a reduced feed rate i changed the program to make the reduced feed rate the standard feed rate.

knick test 6.nc (1.1 KB)

note .there is only a inch retract height in this file.

1 Like

so did you just turn off feed rate optimization ?
What feed rate did you set?
Thanks

yes i turn it off and apply the 22ipm that was being use for feed rate optimization to the whole program instead since all the geometry had feed rate optimization applied to it anyhow.

I’m going to do a few tests tonight but to me it looks like that if you’re reduced feed rate is more than half the total length of your standard feed rate it just post-processes the program speed as 0

I’m not sure why this is happening it is pretty rare to have more than 50% of your program length feed rate optimized but it should be able to process it regardless. Once we can actually define this issue I think it needs to be addressed maybe with a updated Fusion 360 post processor?

1 Like

Ok I tried that updated file and that did work. I did have a issue where it cut the 5/16" hole and then it went to the next hole I got this error

Torch cable was fine, torch was touching part IHS light was green.
So I hit retry and it picked up from where it left off and it cut the last two holes.

Bottom side

Top side

Holes were pretty round and only .010-.015 big.

The Web on that channel is about .200 where the holes are
Razor weld 45 @ 45 amps
70 PSI
standard tip for machine torch with Georges consumables
22 IPM
Don’t remember the rest of the settings

Make sure your torch has slack and torch cable is coming straight up from Z axis, or you will get code again.
Mine was not straight up and triggered IHS fail, I cleared code pushed cable straight and was fine. I added a zip tie to cable and drag chain mount and had no more problems.

Pics of torch cable.

I added the zip tie when I put it together and I think its pretty straight I will check it again.
I still have to do some more testing so I can can get better handle of all things that are happening during a cut

When I try to cut with updated file. It cuts first and second hole fine but it acts like the torch does not move up when leaving 2nd hole. It stays in the hole and drags the part.
Look at the cut path in fire control it looks like these holes have both lead in and lead out. Could that cause it to lose THC and not move the torch up?

Is this the same file where you successfully cut the three holes above?

Something jamming up in the z-axis or not enough cable slack?

If it’s the same program that you ran before it’s pretty certain it’s not a programming error.

Likely mechanical maybe electrical in nature.

1 Like

That was this file but it did the same thing. If you look I posted it cut the 5/16” but it gave the error so I just restarted it and it finished it. I see nothing wrong mechanically.

My thinking is, it cuts that center hole and if it has a lead out it would lose current for THC?
Because the torch stops in the middle of the 2nd hole

It could be too big of a lead out.

What error is it throwing?

“Cutting voltage lost during cut”

I thought I read on holes you don’t want a lead out?

? I have always included a lead out with my holes or and inside contours.

Test coupon SR v1 test 2 (1) v1 short lead outs.f3d (109.0 KB)

*. I just tried to edit this post and butchered it so I’ll have to update it when I get back to a computer too I can’t add the pictures back from here.

1 Like

If it was your lead out it would throw a warning as it was doing the lead out. If I understand it is cutting the second hole before it throws warning.

At what point during the cut is it stopping?

1 Like

It cuts the 2nd hole and then it stops and goes to move and the torch is just below the surface and when the torch goes to move it just drags the plate with it. I need try it again tomorrow and see if I can see exactly what is happening.

I would make double sure z axis is clean and free. In codes does it have code to raise z axis?

I am to new to all of this to know any g-code. Z moves top to bottom with out issues and it works fine in the free travel area.