Everlast Raw Voltage Wiring- Still Not Working!

Guys I am sorry I have not posted pictures yet…gonna get to it tomorrow…I am a Facilities and Operations Manager for a 500,000sqft hospital in Canada’s capital…and I have been dealing with some severe building issues the last few days…including an underground watermain break this morning at 4am…

Retirement is not soon enough

2 Likes

Pic below shows how I hooked up my 60s. Not saying this is right or the best option but it’s worked fine for me and was very easy. Put a couple ring terminals on the leads. Black wire went to where I have circled in the pic and red went to the neg terminal stud. Not the best pic since I didnt take it for this reason. Also not entirely sure it will be displayed below, havent uploaded pictures here in the past.

1 Like

Negative wire goes to the torch and positive wire goes to the work cable.

1 Like

yup…very important

What kind of raw voltage levels ?

Can you clarify your question please

As in, how many volts do you typically see raw? Thanks!

Standby…I will look in a bit and fo a reading

between 90 and 110 volts

1 Like

Mechanic is bang on

I have my 62i wired through the CNC port (pins 5 and 7). It seems to work fine, but I have not cut very much yet. My voltage on FireControl is in the close to 54 while cutting. I am hoping it keeps working.

it is not true divided voltage at 50:1…look for my posts for where I connected to get the true live voltage if you have problems…
but I wish you luck.

Mine seems to be working fine. I thought I have connected to line voltage (pins 5 and 7). I was just wondering if it is OK to have only 54 volts show up on fire control. Mechanic had said it should be over 100 volts. Is it a problem or should I just keep using it as it is at 54 volts?
Thanks for the help

I connect the pigtail cable to the pin 5 and 7 and and i fire up the plasma and have 147.5 volts after I connect the the bananas connector to the small electronic box and use and other pigtail and plug to the PV out plug and I juste have 1.2 volt less than 1.7 to 2.2 volts after I connect this wire to THC plug on
the table electronic unit .when I open Fire cut I do not see anything on the thc control like if nothing is connect . Beside that I connect the ou/off wire and the torch work . thanks for help !

I had a very similar issue and what I found is that you cannot count on pins 5 and 7 on the back of the cutter. I was taking voltage readings at those pins and would get incorrect readings. I talked with Everlast’s tech support and they thought it might be bad CNC board, but I replaced it and nothing changed. I eventually tapped into the red and black wires shown below. When I checked the voltage at these wires I had the proper voltage (around 110v). Since I tapped in to those wires everything has been working great.

2 Likes

I’m starting to get some wonky things happen with my THC and I am relatively sure it is related to going through the CNC port on my 52i. Any chance you could post some pics of how and where you tied in for your raw voltage?

1 Like

I went right to the torch terminals inside the machine…

5 Likes

Thanks. I was 99% sure; however, I did not want to put myself in a situation where I had to go to my Chief Financial Officer (read: Wife) and explain why I need a new plasma cutter.

1 Like

dude…I understand that completely…I did have to do that when I bought my “LAST” plasma machine for the new table…only to have this “deal” breakdown on me…and have to buy a new plasma unit…trying to persuade the CFO of another purchase is soooooooo not fun

Ahhh, just buy it, you know you want it, you can do it, just add to cart! :japanese_ogre: