Everlast PowerPlasma 62i with CNC Package - problem with 50 to 1 divided arc voltage?

Do not use the pins on the rear port for voltage reading go right to the inside of the unit.
There are several threads on it with pictures.
The rear pins on the everlast do not have accurate divided voltage.

I posted pictures on here where to tap on. I opened up my Everlast and followed pins behind the CNC port for 1 and 2 start stop and tapped onto them. Then I tapped on raw arc in side the unit also. Everlast themselves told me to do it and what wires they were.

1 Like

Went to raw voltage and havent had a problem since. Soldered leads to leads of plasma cutter inside cabinet.

I went raw voltage right from the start with my 62i.
Easy to do and is the best option

1 Like

Same here.Was cutting perfect and have cut many pieces with hardly any consumables being used up. Now THC doesn’t work and fire control wont even load a file.

there is a thread on when fire control freezes…if I find it I will post here…but it tells you to go into your user folder and delete a specific fire control folder…when I did that it worked fantastic.
then try cutting without THC…once you get that going then turn THC back on…

Problem fixed. Loaded a driver wrong.

Once you grab the power from the plasma machine, where do we hook it up too on the port?

Not sure of your question

where are post for raw voltage on 82i

here is the best way to connect the Everlast Plasma machines to RAW voltage.
go right to the inside front of the machine and connect as the pictures show.
do not use the pins on the back of the machine as they are not reliable for divided or raw voltage.

the plug on the back of the machine can be used for the on/off trigger function…pins 1 and 2
see this thread

and for approximate cutting speeds and settings see this

2 Likes

I know this is an old thread but it has what I need. I haven’t bought a plasma cutter yet… The POWERPLASMA 62I WITH CNC PACKAGE

25ft. Italian designed and patented iPT 60M CNC torch with Euro quick-connect central adapter

This one looks like a good price. But the THC seems to be a problem. Rather than splice into the plasma raw arc lines it seems to me that the divider jumper lines might work. The 1/16 reads at 1/32 and the 1/50 reads at 1/100. But we need it to read at 1/50th of the arc voltage. I think this is what I got from reading this and other threads.

So if we have an output of 1/32 of the arc voltage why not just add a resistor in line to bring it up to the 1/50th of the arc voltage that is needed?

Or the Hypertherm Powermax 45 XP might be more expensive but not such a hassle.

I have the 62i with the pro table…I took raw voltage right off the lugs inside the case just before they go to the torch and to the material clamp…I posted pictures of this.

you can not trust the divided voltage pins on the Everlast cnc port…

3 Likes

Yup!! Another Everlast guy here… (50S)… Raw voltage from the start and no problems whatsoever!! Got an Everlast?? Go RAW !!! LOL

1 Like

Its not that hard to open the machine and wire directly to the lugs for the torch and work clamp. You have to open the machine to remove the jumper to make the divided output 50:1 anyway.

1 Like

Thanks you guys are really helpful. Those pictures make it look really simple toolboy. I think the Everlast 62I will be more than enough for what I need to do. Just need to cut holes in 16 gauge steel. But the steel has “ANSI 61 Polyester Powder” paint on it. Not sure if I need to remove it or not.

You will only need to remove the paint were the work clamp goes. The plasma cutter will cut through the paint.

1 Like

62i here also. Raw voltage right from the start based on what I found on here. works good.

1 Like

Is there a issue if the unit is high frequency or low frequency

High frequency no bueno.

1 Like