Everlast 62i - torch moving before cutting voltage sensed

Ok good to know - Any opinion on a setup like yours that is priced at $480 vs. the harbor freight dryer which is $657.06 with shipping?

You would still want and need a bead cell after the refrigerated dryer also. The amount of drying equipment needed all depends on where you live.

The idea of the refrigerator is to drop temps. The bead cell dryers can get all the moisture out if the air temp is to high

1 Like

Ok, saw some positive feedback about this 1 gallon dessicant dryer here. So I’ll add this along with a m-60 motorguard. Wife won’t be pleased.

That big ass dryer is the one I’m going to get next. You want to use your coalescing filter from the original setup before the desiccant filter. And the motor guard last to keep any silica dust out of the plasma.

I would go a minimum of a quart and it’ll start losing its effective list after about 3 hours of runtime. I have a post somewhere on here where I calculate it. Having a gallon is a lot less bead changes per year.

3 Likes

thanks for the feedback, ill set it up as you described. Also just found the 1 gallon for a bit cheaper at Grainger: https://www.grainger.com/product/ARROW-PNEUMATICS-Desiccant-Dryer-64NR89

1 Like

I feel your pain in the wallet. I started out with a air hose coiled in a bucket of cold water then a small bead dryer after that. It worked but not good. Overtime I bought a piece at a time. I am fairly satisfied with what I have for now :rofl:

1 Like

Also installing a drip tee before the coalescing filter is a good idea. I have lots of driptees in my setup

2 Likes

Dunno if a 62i settings would be different than an 82i but your settings are nothing close to what I have for 1/4" steel. If you care I just cut a full sheet nicely with these settings

1.0 tip
45 amps
60’ish psi
1.5 pierce delay
.06 height
50 ipm

1 Like

Thanks for sharing those details. I have been wondering about that, mainly the PSI. I remember seeing in another thread that I should cut 1/4" at 75 psi, but all the cut sheets that are floating around all say 45 amps and 60 PSI. I’ll give those settings a try tonight as I have a few more pieces I need to cut out.

If you have the budget for the gallon one then buy that. Otherwise as Tin said go with at a minimum a quart sized one. I had one similar to the one you have. I gave it to my BIL to use with his hand torch.

This is the one I use.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HY4Q1U8?ref_=cm_sw_r_apan_dp_MTEXC3NNJ3ZP05BM5NPX

1 Like

How well does the bullseye on that one work? I bought one of the tru-fllate ones. You can’t see any beads through it

I haven’t changed them since I installed it last fall. You load the beads in the sight glass separate from the bead chamber. I am a little skeptical how well it works. I’ll have to let you know next time I swap them out.

1 Like

i see! i didn’t realize that mine didn’t come with instructions. can certainly see the issue since they are not in the main air flow.

1 Like

Hmmmm I think mine is like that also, but I did not think about the beads not being in the air flow.

They have not changed one bit, I think I will take it apart and inspect.

What good is the view port if the beads aren’t going to see moist air?

2 Likes

Now that I’ve purchased the gallon dessicant dryer, is there a place yall buy bulk dessicant?

1 Like

I buy gallon jugs on eBay and Amazon.

2 Likes

Same as Phillip :point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2:

I think the theory is that over time the humidity in the sight glass and the bead chamber will equalize by way of the small hole that joins them…. I am skeptical how well that will work. I didn’t realize that was the system till I installed it.

3 Likes

I paid $350 for mine, this set up is working excellent on my XR table even in hot humid Michigan summer. I crack the drain open on air tank at least 5 times through the day during summer, which results changing out desiccant beads once at end of humid season and run all winter without changing beads in desiccant housing.

2 Likes

I bought a couple cheap automatic drains on amazon (in case one crapped out) for like $25.
I just set it to drain for five seconds every 45 minutes. Seems to be working properly so far.
According to my dessicant filter I apparently have pretty dry air.
Thinking I now have two refrigerated dryers I can sell since I’ve not really noticed any difference since I installed the one. I got the second one with the new compressor I picked up but don’t think I’ll need it.
Soon as I get the new compressor installed it should do better. 80 gal tank AND an aftercooler. I’m just going to plumb it into my existing setup that already seems to work great.

2 Likes