Electrode comes loose

I have a fairly new razorweld cut 45 with the J45xc-6 torch. I had the first set of consumables fail after a tip up, and ever since I cannot get the electrode to stay put in the torch. It is just a Taper fit holding it in. It will work for a few inches, come loose in the torch, and of course cause mayhem. Is this a common problem?

Welcome aboard,

Yes that is common with those torch’s. I would change the torch out for a machine torch like the PTM 60.

@mechanic416

I have a PTM-60 on the Razorweld 45 and I am experiencing the same with electrodes coming loose.

Basically, I will put new consumables in and the machine runs fine. After a while, I will get an error and the machine stops. I will usually check consumables and often times I find that the electrode has worked its way loose. Any suggestions? Or ideas of what causes this?

Yes, Snug it up it has to be in a little tighter then hand tight. Also make sure the swirl ring is in the right way so it spins the air to the right not the left.

1 Like

ok.

Dumb question maybe… but how do I know the swirl ring is in the right way? Is there a way to tell?

Here’s a great thread in regard to swirl rings and direction…

1 Like