Cutting voltage lost during cut issue

Hello all,

New to the forum, I have a crossfire Pro with the razorweld cut 45 with THC.

I have had the machine up and running and cutting for about 6 months now and made plenty of cuts. Last week I was cutting .25in and I kept having and issues where it would start to pierce the work piece and the arc would go out or during a cut the arc would go out and give me the message “Cutting voltage lost during cut”. I was using all the same cut parameters that I normally use on .25in, .06 cut height, .08 pierce height, 1 sec cut delay, 30ipm, 40 amps. I tried grounding the the slat bed, water tray, and even the work piece itself. Changed out consumables as well.

I eventually was able to finish cuts by decreasing my pierce delay by 50% and increasing my feed rate by about 20%. I can also take the plasma torch out of the torch clamp and try to cut manually and the arc go out rather quickly even with a good ground.

Any input would be great, Im just confused why it would act different all of a sudden after making so many cuts on .25in without any issues.

Thanks in advance.

Make sure you are getting constant air pressure. Watch the gauge on the plasma cutter. The Razorweld’s has had some trouble with the air regulator.

1 Like

Ill take a look next time I cut, when I first got the machine I did have to open the plasma cutter up and adjust the regulator to get it up to 75psi, out the box it was running about 50-55 psi.

And just another note, this has only happened to me when cutting .25in material, I don’t have any issues when cutting .179 (majority of what I cut), .125, or .063.

When I was running the razorweld. I always cut at about 20 lpm. May try to slow down a tad to see if it may help.