CutControl Feature Request Thread

Solidworks post processor please

3 Likes

I would like to see this too! (wired machine pendant with nice tactile handwheel) I hate the idea of a wireless Bluetooth pendant. If windows crashes or anything goes wrong I don’t want something to happen where my machine crashes while I’m jogging it. All professional CNC machines have WIRED pendants not wireless. There is a good reason for this…

PROBE REQUEST: Option to pickup midplane of part along the x and y axis. So that I can set the top middle of a square block as my datum/G54

2 Likes

I have a nice drill press already and i would like to eliminate the want of a manual mill.A manual function in cut control that isolates the controls to something like a removable console on the front of the machine.Maybe have two hand wheels orientated like a manual mill and a lever for drilling operations.Cut control for a dro.Im sure someone smarter than me could home brew it but it would be nice for it to be plug and play.

You can do this with a wired machine pendant. And I think it already has a DRO for XYZ if you look at the cut control screen

A post for vectric v carve would be awesome. Use it for my router and for simpler things it’s very quick and easy.

1 Like

Perhaps @langmuir-reilly can provide a document for creating a post-processor much like there is one for cut control??

1 Like

I second this request. I wondered if the boss function would work for this but I have not had the time to mess with it.

@langmuir-daniel it would be nice to use the touch probe to measure, not just set zero

5 Likes

@langmuir-daniel @langmuir-mike
Several times I tried to use the space bar to pause the program, but the Send to Front routine was activated instead with the Send to Front Warning screen appearing. I just tested this with a dry run and same result.

In addition, on several occasions I have started programs and the Z axis will raise and hit the limit switch throwing CutControl into Alarm Status. After clearing the limit switch warning, nothing will move even if limit switches are deactivated in Machine Settings Menu. The only thing I found that works, is deactivate limit switches, save, close CutControl, reopen and then I can jog the machine off the Z limit switch, reactivate limits and Home the machine.

4 Likes

Hi JDE,

Thanks for the insight, we’re aware of both of these issues and have them fixed in the next release of CC.

4 Likes

Happened to me twice yesterday. A true pain in the butt to get machine out of alarm status. Must be a better way to clear these alarms?

2 Likes

Would you be able to make the stop button halt probing routines? I noticed the probe going somewhere I wasn’t expecting, hit the stop button, and the software just told me there was no job running.

1 Like

That would be a question for Langmuir Mike or Daniel.
My machine is set up with power relays. When I hit my emergency button it shuts down the spindle and control box. The computer stays live.

2 Likes

After running some parts using multiple work offsets having a way to update the tool offset values in all work coordinates with one toolset cycle would be awesome. Right now the way cut control is setup every tool change I have to load the new tool, load the new tools program, auto toolset g54, auto toolset g55, cycle start.

I know tool changes are already in the works so multiple tools are contained in one g code file which will help, but the tool offset value change would still require two probe cycles as it is right now. Here the parts I was a running, just a simple tap drill followed by a thread mill on two parts.

4 Likes

As someone who plans on running multiple parts on SMW modvices I see this as a must-have. I hope Langmuir is quick to solve little things like this. The workflow for multiple parts with tool changes should be seamless.

1 Like

Similar to the automatic facing routine (which works well!), I’d love to be able to have a widget to drill holes [manually]. Set the drill diameter, speed, pecking distance, etc - probe your part and be able to drill a hole, manually jog to the next position and repeat.

3 Likes

I think their best bet here is to open it up so we can write our own routines and share them around. There are a lot of smart engineers out here and we can all help improve the ecosystem.

3 Likes

Anyone having difficulty sharing files with the mini pc on the MR-1? Can’t get mine to show up on the network… (I did the offline account when I set it up). How is everyone else loading NC programs on their machines?

Google Drive. Works awesome. Save to Google drive. File will be at the mini computer in milliseconds. Needs to be on the internet.

3 Likes