CutControl Feature Request Thread

Hi All,

As we are beginning to see customers assemble and use their machine, i thought it would be a good idea to create a thread dedicated to requests for features and improvements to the CutControl software.

We have a number of features and improvements under development already (primarily related to canned cycles and conversational programming), but we would love to hear any ideas you might have.

7 Likes

Need video on tool setter and probe usage.
Thanks guys

3 Likes

I know it would require more hardware but i would like to see a way to add hand wheels for quick manual operations.Plug and play options.

1 Like

Coming very soon!

2 Likes

Thanks Mike. I gave up for today :grin:

Is this different from the Wireless Jog Pendant?

Apologies if any of these are already implemented, I haven’t had a chance to research the features yet.

-Custom macro compatible with Fanuc custom macro B to be easy for experienced users. Macro can then be used to develop factory and user canned cycles.

-I/O capabilities, self explanatory.

-I think i read there wasn’t a tool offset function/tool library so, that.

2 Likes

addition of 4th axis. Ability to change motors with different step resolution, rpm, along with different lead screw pitch.

1 Like

The hand wheel/ pendant option! I was going to make my own but would rather buy one.

E stop on front of machine.

6 Likes

I second what PaulyC stated. But tool offset registers would probably benefit the most users. But macros would be great as well. Also rigid tapping.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen in some of the videos on youtube, it currently doesn’t handle tool changes in the same g-code file.
I think a good way to handle this would be to move the spindle to a convenient position for changing the tool, and prompting the user as to what tool to put in next. Then the user just has to confirm the tool was changed and continue on with the program.

6 Likes

From what I’ve seen in some of the videos on youtube, it currently doesn’t handle tool changes in the same g-code file.

This is already in the development roadmap!

6 Likes
  1. Hand wheel, wired or wireless.

2. Tool compensation table, height and radius/diameter (kinda suprised this wasnt already in there with it being so useful)

3 Likes

One of the reasons I am excited for the probing is for reverse engineering. If there is a clean way to save data out (planes, bores, etc.) that would be really cool.

I do this at work with a Haas (Renishaw probe) and some math in Excel, but having a clean way to do this and directly save data out would be amazing. Something similar to digitizing or low level CMM work.

10 Likes

Is it possible to get a post processor for solidworks for cut control? Also is it possible to get the solid model into cut control tool path view?

2 Likes

A real simple one Id love to see is proper scaling for 4k displays. Fire control already has this but the scaling in cut control is all sorts of wacked out, still totally useable though.

Reverse engineering with the probe would be awesome as well thats not something Id thought of but we could totally use that

Heres what I mean with the scaling between cut control and fir control. You can see everything in cut control is just really scaled down text wise.

Passing along the 4k issue to our developers; should be an easy fix thanks for point this out!

2 Likes

Maybe Cut Control does this already but would it be possible for it to adapt to landscape AND portrait orientations of the touch screen. Portrait orientation would be a built more efficient use of space in my shop. The small footprint of the machine compared to it’s rather large working area is a big selling feature for some with small garages.