Coolant Evaporating

It’s like $170 for a five-gallon pal. It will last a long time. The borax works, but it’s not like this stuff.
Now, I will say that before I changed out my pan to a solid one, the factory rubber grommet screws had gotten some white oxidation of the zinc coating. The screws themselves were fine and never rusted, but the zinc did come off.
It also could be the DC voltage affecting the Zinc.
I never did any more testing.

1 Like

so…not sure where you would get this information…

When researching or hearing about products it is best to look into the instructions and manuals…

my 5 gallon pail lasts me 2 years…on average…saving time on cleaning metal pays for it in no time.

here is my table water system also to look at

2 Likes

I like the sediment filter. I’m going to have to look into that.

it is just a household water filter…works great…I take it out every few months to wash it out…what is does is prevent sludge from buildinhg up in the tank and chemicals working extra to prevent rust in the tank…

7 Likes

Looks like the filter works fine with only the pressure of dropping a couple of feet?

1 Like

I will definitely 2nd putting a filter (50 um or so) between the pan and tank. It will give some additional years to your coolant, removing any extraneous gunk from entering your tank, and if you’re using a pump, any fine ferrous particulate from getting near any mag drives…

My setup is pictured above, but here it is again. The filter (50um, SS, cleanable / reusable) just below the table. Plenty of head pressure to keep the fluid moving. There’s a check valve between the pump and T. I debated using a disposable 20um filter, but this one won my favor due to the compactness and serviceability.

c4b429dea1cb654eac1bd3930d1ca254e715b4bf_2_666x500

2 Likes

What filter is that?

It was linked to earlier in the thread

amazon.com/dp/B075ZDWVP9

My little Crossfire has a 1/4" pipe fitting on the drain. Did that large fitting come with your table or did you add that?

Bar sink drain, some do kitchen sink drains.

Modified from OEM

who are you speaking to?

@apynckel
I might have missed it, but what pump is that?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BBRJNSH3

1 Like