Constant misfiring, THC rising during cut, misfiring during cut

not anymore. I stole the firing pins from it since mine didnt come with them. which meant cutting the wiring for them and wiring them to my x45. I’m going back into the machine itself and I’m going to do solder connections to see if I have a bad connection.

1 Like

Was goin to say you could fire up with it to eliminate the torch

So i took the cutter apart and removed the T-taps which came from langmuir which tap into the trigger wires on the machine side of the torch whip. Removed the firing pins from the whip connector and pulled everything outside the machine and torch sheath. I hardwired everything together (essentially just bypassing the euro connector and making it a direct connection) and it still does it. I was hoping maybe there was a loose connection but no dice.

I hard turned off THC and tried wiggling wires. I noticed, which could have been coincidence, that I could wiggle the wiring for the trigger wires and it would work intermittently after it stopped firing.

I think what I am going to have to do next is take the cover off the electronics box and maybe put an LED on the firing on/off wiring to see if the issue is steming from the control box or not. If the firing controls are commanding it to fire and it fails, then the issue is at the cutter. If the firing controls command it off in the middle of a cut, the issue lies within Langmuir. Would you agree?

how hard would it be to put your hand torch back on the road? maybe a possibility of issues with the machine torch?

I really wish i still had it. I tossed it.

oh, that stinks. i had took it that you just robbed parts off it. have you tried to do straight line cuts? Any chance that your usb cable is touching the table frame or any other wires?

I’m going to look more into that tomorrow. I have tried straight cuts and it still does the same thing. I cut out a section of my sheet that was about 4x7. It did the first 7 and 4in legs without a problem and failed 1/4 of the way on the second 7" cut.

I’m literally so tired from this today. I’m not going back out to the shop again tonight. spent 10 hours out there and managed to get 70 flanges cut which should have only taken 45min

1 Like

Stinks having trouble. I would also look for any electrical interference that could happen anything is a possibility. you don’t have your laptop plugged in charging, do you?

Unfortunately my laptop requires being plugged in since the battery is bad in it and i refuse to spend more money on another battery.

bet that is your problem is the plug grounded? are you using a ground isolating plug? you can get a ground loop from your plasma through your breaker box. if i am plugged in without the isolating plug all things get jacked up.

its a 3 prong plug in, however, i just pulled it out and noticed the ground lug is broken. I’m gonna take my wifes laptop out there and give it a shot even though i said i was done lol

1 Like

run on the battery. i always had trouble at first with that famous ground loop.

2 Likes

just tried with her laptop and it does the same thing. Guess its back to figuring out if its langmuir electronics or my cutter

1 Like

i’m wondering of the relay may be going out? it is mechanical afterall. you would have to take the cover off and listen for it clicking on and off during the cut.

2 Likes

Ill check for that tomorrow. It has to be something stupid like that.

1 Like

If you took parts from hand torch to install on machine torch, then I would bet your machine torch is the culprit. Did machine torch ship new to you with missing parts? If so, I would have returned it.

I had to take the machine torch whip apart to access the trigger wires. Took the pins from the hand torch and transferred them over to the machine torch. Now I bypassed that connection and soldered them and I still have the same issue.

Ok, what is your air pressure supply to the machine and air pressure to the torch, if air pressure is low, you will get random misfires, the plasmadyn x45 machine torch air pressure is 70-75. I have same torch on my Titanium 45 for three years no misfire since I increased air pressure to torch to 70 psi.

I’ve tried everywhere from 100psi to 40psi operating pressure.

Is that torch air or supply to back of plasma machine?