Considering a Primeweld cut 60

then you’ll only need to connect the torch on/off wires. the ones in white.

1 Like

CUT 60 Works Great! …you only need connect to pins 1 and 2 (page 29 in CUT 60 manual) in that connector if THC is not being used.

1 Like

I have the PrimeWeld Cut60. It has been a great machine for me. I am considering the Crossfire Pro, but I see on Langmuir systems website that they are discouraging it’s use. This is referenced on their plasma cutters page.
Does anyone have information regarding the extra steps that need to be taken to use the PrimeWeld Cut60?

you can still use the cnc port for the torch on /off cable but use RAW voltage from inside the cutter for the THC. pretty simple process. I’ll post a few pics in a minute of where to hook up the wiring on the inside.

1 Like

Torch side

Work clamp side

1 Like

Did you talk to Primeweld about this connection? I am just wondering if that will void my warranty. I ordered my Pro just before Cut 60 hit the “no fly” list and have it almost completely assembled. Need to decide how to connect it.

Well if you’re not at all comfortable with doing it that way then your pretty much stuck until they resolve the issues with the divided voltage board or you go with another brand… primeweld is pretty good at honoring the warranty for pretty much anything though…

They actually prefer you use RAW instead of divided voltage until they fix it.

2 Likes

It’s not that I am uncomfortable doing it, I was just wondering if they were willing to say the warrantly would not be void if I did. I still have 8 months on my 3 yr warranty, so I was hoping to keep that.

Primeweld is good about this. Just give them a call tomorrow at 856-537-4368 and ask. Bet they say its fine.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

While I still haven’t hooked mine up, I did call Primeweld today. You are right. The said this would not affect my warranty if I made direct raw voltage connections. They also said that “only about 6 customers have reported the issue” caused by going directly through the CNC port.

My question is, do I still use the wires that came with the unit if I connect directly to the raw voltage internally? They look like somewhere around 20 gauge wires. Is that okay for this application?

BTW, I am leaning towards using the CNC port because my Cut 60 is over 2 yrs old and I also read it is the more recently purchased units that are the source of the failures.

yes you would use the wires that come with the table.

1 Like

I would just hook it to RAV and be done with it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. You and others here have way more knowledge on this subject than I do, so I will go ahead with the direct connect method recommendations.

Great members create great forums. Thanks guys!

I had an issue with the VIM Module and Div voltage.
The way I resolved it was to use Pins 5 and 7 which are the Raw voltage running through 100K resisters It lowers the voltage some.
The table controller seem happy with this set up.
I am now in the process of dialing in the THC setting to get the proper torch performance.

After talking to Primeweld, I took your advice and wired it directly to raw voltage. I haven’t fired it yet. Been fixing a leak in my water tray. Thought I’d show a pic here ( I posted in the “Build” thread) of what I thought was a good idea: I used some auto door bumper grommets for my pass through protection.

1 Like

hope it works for you…on its own, the primeweld is great, and offers an option that doesnt cost $2000+

1 Like

It’s a bummer to see the issues with these, I ordered mine in August and it sat while I waited for my table and now while I wait for my shop to be built.

I bought it specifically because I wouldn’t have to open it, and now I have to open it lol.

No huge deal, but disappointing.

I’ve seen on Facebook there’s a torch for these that takes Hyperthem consumables? Can anyone shed some light on that?

See this thread- https://forum.langmuirsystems.com/t/crossfire-pro-primeweld-cut-60/17468

It is possible that folks who have issues using the divided voltage output on the CNC connector do not have it wired correctly.

(See the video referenced in that thread).

2 Likes

I have a Crossfire and Prime Cut 60 that has not been up dated. I had the issue of excessive voltage on the Div port also.
The way I solved the issue is to wire the CNC Plug to supply the Raw Voltage protected by 100K resisters. This allowed the use of the raw voltage inputs on the VIM box… The resting voltage I have is .3 volts, The test voltage is 70+ volts and on 18 Gage sheet metal it is 54-56 volts.
The issue that took me the most time was figuring out that on the thin stuff I needed a test cut to get the target voltage because the Smart voltage won’t work . Once that was done the THC operates well. Here is the Connector Pin out so you can find the raw voltage Pins 5 and 7. Remember 5 is the plus voltage and 7 is the negative, this is important.
Hope this helps

1 Like