Computer suggestions?

Hi everyone, my name is Darrell and I’m waiting for my Crossfire to come in, but does anyone have a suggestion on Laptops?

welcome to the forum…we usually are a friendly bunch…except me…I am the grouchy old man…hehehehehe…

to help you navigate here there is a little magnifying glass in the top right hand side…
click on it…
type…" laptop specifications"

and here is what pops up for help

plus many more…

it also depends on what software you are going to use for design and post processing…

PS…ignore referances to Mach3…

2 Likes

I use a Panasonic toughbook. Water resistant and drop protected. A water table can be messy and I am “drop” prone…

1 Like

I was using an old computer that would run firecontrol just fine however, if you are using Fusion 360 like I was it resulted in slow glitchy use of Fusion. I just purchased an ASUS flipbook 15 from Best buy $950 on sale. Night and day difference!! The biggest thing is that it has it’s own seperate video card vs alot of less expensive laptops that use integrated graphics processors that sometimes don’t offer the same power, speed and ability to process graphics intense programs. People who are big into gaming need a computer similar to mine that have their own standalone graphics card to be able to efficiently and quickly process graphics intensive programs. Just my 2 cents.

1 Like